Welcome to the Music Booster Club
Exciting sounds are happening in the BCHS Music Department. Would you like to be a part of them? Contact Angela Peterson, email@example.com for more information about the BCHS Music Booster Club.
Students earn Gold, Emily Boon Advances to State Music Competition
Three BCHS students earned Gold Medals in the regional ISSMA Music Competition: Jillian Hurley (vocal); Adam Pemberton (piano); Emily Boon: (flute). Emily advances to state competiition on Feb. 24. Good luck Emily!
2017/2018 Performances & Events
- Sept. 20: Annual Fund Dinner
- Oct. 31: A Cappella Choir visits Immaculate Heart of Mary School
- Nov. 2: BCHS Open House; A Cappella Choir will be performing in the Music Room
- Nov. 7: Small group is singing at a mass at the Northside Knights of Columbus
- Nov. 30: Concert Choir and A Cappella Choir sing at St. Vincent and Peyton Manning Children's Hospital - 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Nov. 30: All choirs sing at 'Christmas at the Zoo'. Arrive at 5:30 p.m. for 6:00 p.m. concert
- Dec. 14: Christmas Concert by Band, Choir and A Cappella Choir, 7:00 p.m. in the BCHS gym
- Pep Band Performances at Basketball Games: Jan. 24, Feb. 1, Feb. 6, Feb. 13, Feb. 21; 7:30 p.m.
- Jan. 30: BCHS choirs join other Catholic high school choirs at Marian University for a concert of the Vivaldi "Gloria". 7:00 p.m. Event is free and open to the public.
- Jan. 27, Feb. 4: ISSMA Music Contest. Emily Boon, Jillian Hurley, Adam Pemberton are participating.
- Feb. 10: CYO Music Contest, 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Feb. 16-18: BCHS Performing Arts trip to Nashville, TN
- Mar. 10: Annual Kyle J. Guyton Memorial Scholarship dinner Details
Emily Boon received a Gold Medal at the ISSMA Music Competition on Jan. 27, 2018. Adam Pemberton won gold for his piano solo and Jillian Hurley won gold for her vocal solo in competition on Feb. 3. Emily will advance to the ISSMA State Competition on Feb. 24.
Emily Boon auditioned and was chosen by the New World Youth Symphony as the second chair in their Philharmonic Orchestra. She also was the only high school student in the pit orchestra for the summer stock production of 'Pippin'at Park Tudor. Read the full story in The-Blueprint.org, the student news website.
The BCHS band and choir each took 1st Place in their categories in the Smoky Mountain Music Festival in Gatlinburg, Tenn, Spring 2017.
Emily Boon, freshman, was the outstanding flutist at the CYO music contest on Feb. 11, 2017.
Jillian Hurley, freshman, was the overall vocal winner in the High School division of the CYO music contest on Feb. 11, 2017.
Erik Compton, Jack Lockrem, Robbie Tebbe, and Zach Elcesser received gold ratings at the January 2016 ISSMA District Solo & Ensemble contest!
BCHS students Colleen Curry, Rebecca Doyle, and St. John Jefferson traveled to New York City to perform at Carnegie Hall with the Indianapolis Youth Chorale and National Festival Chorus on May 10, 2015. The group performed 10 pieces and received a standing ovation.
BCHS 2017/2018 Music Courses
- Music Theory: AP
- Music History: History of Rock & Roll
- Applied Music: Strings
- Applied Music: Beginning Guitar, Advanced Guitar
- Concert Band, Concert Band Honors
- Chorus, Chorus Honors
- A Cappella Choir
- Piano and Electronic Keyboard: Beginning & Advanced
- Electronic Music
- See full course descriptions