Welcome to the Music Booster Club
Exciting sounds are happening in the BCHS Music Department. Would you like to be a part of them? Contact Angela Peterson, email@example.com for more information about the BCHS Music Booster Club.
URGENT Music Booster Meeting: Jan. 23
All music parents and others interested in supporting the Music Department are urged to attend an URGENT Music Booster Meeting on Tues, Jan. 23, at 6:30 p.m. in the Music Room. Topics discussed will be the CYO Music Contest, the Nashville trip, Kings Island trip and Celebration of the Arts Concert.
Volunteers needed for the CYO Music Contest: Feb. 10
Parents: Please consider donating some baked goods for the CYO Music Contest. This is the Music Department's biggest fundraiser of the year! Parent volunteers are also needed during the contest. All music students are expected to work at least part of the day. Contact Angela Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
2017/2018 Performances & Events
- Sept. 20: Annual Fund Dinner
- Oct. 31: A Cappella Choir visits Immaculate Heart of Mary School
- Nov. 2: BCHS Open House; A Cappella Choir will be performing in the Music Room
- Nov. 7: Small group is singing at a mass at the Northside Knights of Columbus
- Nov. 30: Concert Choir and A Cappella Choir sing at St. Vincent and Peyton Manning Children's Hospital - 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Nov. 30: All choirs sing at 'Christmas at the Zoo'. Arrive at 5:30 p.m. for 6:00 p.m. concert
- Dec. 14: Christmas Concert by Band, Choir and A Cappella Choir, 7:00 p.m. in the BCHS gym
- Pep Band Performances at Basketball Games: Jan. 24, Feb. 1, Feb. 6, Feb. 13, Feb. 21; 7:30 p.m.
- Jan. 30: BCHS choirs join other Catholic high school choirs at Marian University for a concert of the Vivaldi "Gloria". 7:00 p.m. Event is free and open to the public.
- Jan. 27, Feb. 4: ISSMA Music Contest. Emily Boon, Jillian Hurley, Adam Pemberton are participating.
- Feb. 10: CYO Music Contest, 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Feb. 16-18: BCHS Performing Arts trip to Nashville, TN
- Mar. 10: Annual Kyle J. Guyton Memorial Scholarship dinner Details
Emily Boon auditioned and was chosen by the New World Youth Symphony as the second chair in their Philharmonic Orchestra. She also was the only high school student in the pit orchestra for the summer stock production of 'Pippin'at Park Tudor. Read the full story in The-Blueprint.org, the student news website.
The BCHS band and choir each took 1st Place in their categories in the Smoky Mountain Music Festival in Gatlinburg, Tenn, Spring 2017.
Emily Boon, freshman, was the outstanding flutist at the CYO music contest on Feb. 11, 2017.
Jillian Hurley, freshman, was the overall vocal winner in the High School division of the CYO music contest on Feb. 11, 2017.
Erik Compton, Jack Lockrem, Robbie Tebbe, and Zach Elcesser received gold ratings at the January 2016 ISSMA District Solo & Ensemble contest!
BCHS students Colleen Curry, Rebecca Doyle, and St. John Jefferson traveled to New York City to perform at Carnegie Hall with the Indianapolis Youth Chorale and National Festival Chorus on May 10, 2015. The group performed 10 pieces and received a standing ovation.
BCHS 2017/2018 Music Courses
- Music Theory: AP
- Music History: History of Rock & Roll
- Applied Music: Strings
- Applied Music: Beginning Guitar, Advanced Guitar
- Concert Band, Concert Band Honors
- Chorus, Chorus Honors
- A Cappella Choir
- Piano and Electronic Keyboard: Beginning & Advanced
- Electronic Music
- See full course descriptions