Welcome to the Music Booster Club
Exciting sounds are happening in the BCHS Music Department. Would you like to be a part of them? Contact Dan Haag, email@example.com for more information about the BCHS Music Booster Club.
A Cappella Choir Auditions: Feb. 23, 24
A Cappella Choir auditions will be held on February 23rd and 24th in the Music Room. Look for a sign up sheet on the door of the music room or email Mrs. Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time. Every grade is able to audition, even incoming freshmen!
Jillian Hurley is CYO vocal winner
Congratulations to freshman Jillian Hurley for being the overall vocal winner in the High School division of the CYO music contest on Feb. 11, 2017.
2016/2017 Performances & Events
- Sept. 14: A Cappella Choir performs at the Annual Fund Dinner
- Nov. 3: Concert Choir and A Cappella Choir perform at BCHS Open House, 5-8pm in the main gym
- Nov. 10: Veterans Day Concert: The Band, Choir and A Cappella will perform, 7:00pm
- Nov. 30: Christmas at the Zoo: Choir will perform, 7:00pm
- Dec. 1: Daughters of the American Revolution Tea: Choirs perform at 1:30pm
- Dec. 1: Immaculate Heart of Mary Performance: 5:30pm, Choir performance in the IHM Gathering Room
- Dec. 6: Christmas Concert by Band, Choir and A Cappella Choir, 7pm in the main gym. Free.
- Spring: Smokey Mountain Music Fest
Jillian Hurley was the overall vocal winner in the High School division of the CYO music contest on Feb. 11, 2017.
Erik Compton, Jack Lockrem, Robbie Tebbe, and Zach Elcesser received gold ratings at the January 2016 ISSMA District Solo & Ensemble contest!
BCHS students Colleen Curry, Rebecca Doyle, and St. John Jefferson traveled to New York City to perform at Carnegie Hall with the Indianapolis Youth Chorale and National Festival Chorus on May 10, 2015. The group performed 10 pieces and received a standing ovation.
Band and orchestra members participated in the Indiana State Schools Music Association Solo and Ensemble competition in Feb, 2015 and received honors for their performances. Students honored were:
- Jenna Sorrell, Gabriella Benko, and Matthew Hawkins: Gold Rating at District Competition
- Gabriella Benko: State competition gold rating for flute solo
- Matthew Hawkins: State Competition gold rating for his clarinet solo
BCHS 2016/2017 Music Courses
- Music Theory: AP
- Music History: History of Rock & Roll
- Applied Music: Strings
- Applied Music: Beginning Guitar, Advanced Guitar
- Concert Band, Concert Band Honors
- Chorus, Chorus Honors
- A Cappella Choir
- Piano and Electronic Keyboard: Beginning & Advanced
- Electronic Music
- See full course descriptions