The Financial Aid Application Process
Bishop Chatard Financial Aid
Each year, Bishop Chatard has a dedicated amount of financial aid money:
- Awarded to families based on NEED-ONLY
- Awarded year-by-year. A new application must be submitted each year. Aid amounts aren't guaranteed year to year.
Need is determined through application to an independent service, FACTS Management, Inc., with a review by the BCHS Financial Aid Committee
STEP ONE: BCHS FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION
Anyone wishing to receive financial aid from Bishop Chatard MUST submit a BCHS financial aid application through FACTS to begin the process.
Deadlines for Application
Depending on the student, there are TWO DIFFERENT financial aid application deadlines for 2018/2019 BCHS financial aid.
DECEMBER 11, 2017: All families (new and returning) with an incoming freshman
- The Financial Aid Application for this group must be completed through FACTS NO LATER than December 11, 2017 to guarantee that you are included in the pool considered for Bishop Chatard financial aid for the 2018/19 school year.
MARCH 9, 2018: Returning families without an incoming freshman and all transfer student families without an incoming freshman
- The Financial Aid Application for this group must be completed through FACTS NO LATER than March 9, 2018 to guarantee that you are included in the pool considered for Bishop Chatard financial aid for the 2018/19 school year.
Application Instructions for 2018/2019 Aid
ALL APPLICATIONS ARE ONLINE at
our personalized FACTS website
If you have a FACTS account through another school, you must use the specific BCHS FACTS account link above to apply for BCHS financial aid. HOWEVER, you can use the same username and password you have with your other school's accounts to login to the BCHS account above.
Remember your FACTS login credentials as FACTS accounts are also used throughout a student's career for tuition payment and subsequent year's financial aid applications.
If you need help applying online, please contact Karen Feeney, Tuition Manager, at email@example.com or call 317-251-1451, Ext. 2238.
If there are extenuating circumstances that you feel are not taken into consideration by the FACTS application or the federal tax records, applicants are encouraged to submit a letter or email explaining the circumstances. Submit these to Dan Thompson, Business Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-251-1451, ext. 2251.
Notification of BCHS Financial Aid Awards
- Incoming Freshmen: You will be notified of your awards as part of your acceptance packet in February, if you have met the application deadlines.
- Returning and transfer students: You will be notified of your awards in mid-May, if you have met the application deadlines.
STEP TWO: OTHER REQUIRED APPLICATIONS
All families who receive ANY BCHS financial aid awards must also complete applications for Indiana Choice Scholarship (vouchers) and tax credit scholarships (SGOs), according to their deadlines. View the links below for details. All families need to schedule a Financial Aid Appointment with the BCHS Business Office to begin the voucher and SGO application process. These appointments run from June to Aug.
Voucher Application Details
Tax Credit Scholarship (SGOs) Application Details
For further information, contact Dan Thompson, email@example.com, 317-251-1451, Ext. 2251 or Karen Feeney, firstname.lastname@example.org, 317-251-1451, Ext. 2238.