All the information you need as you prepare to become a BCHS Trojan!
Welcome to Bishop Chatard High School! We are looking forward to welcoming you as a member of the Trojan Class of 2023.
During the spring and into early fall, this webpage will provide important announcements and information you will need as you begin your high school career. Please check back frequently.
Send a photo of you holding your admissions certificate and we’ll add it to this webpage! Please include the student’s name. Send to communications
You are officially a Trojan! What’s next?
You’ve received your official acceptance package mailed on February 1, 2019, welcoming you to the BCHS Class of 2023 and including any financial aid awards you may have received. Now what do you do?
- Families new to BCHS: Return the Registration Form in your packet and the tuition deposit by February 26 to let us know you are coming. Deposit is $350/student or $500 for 2 or more in a family. After we receive your payment, we will email you that we have opened up Course Registration Appointments for you in the Application Portal.
- Families with current BCHS Students: Return the Registration Form in your packet by February 26 to let us know you are coming. After we receive your form, we will email you that we have opened up Course Registration Appointments for you in the Application Portal. Your tuition deposit ($350/student, $500/family) will be automatically withdrawn from your BCHS FACTS account on February 26.
If you do not want this automatic FACTS transaction, contact Karen Feeney, email@example.com, NO LATER than Monday, Feb. 18, to stop the withdrawal. If you stop this special withdrawal, you still need to pay your deposit via cash or check by the February 26 due date.
- Make your registration appointment: After you receive our email saying the appointment schedule is open for you, simply log in to the Application Portal to make your appointment. Your password can be re-set if you’ve forgotten. Appointments are available at various times on March 12-14. Follow directions in the portal, choose your day, time and submit.
- Registration Packet: After we receive your deposit/Registration Form, we will also mail you a Registration Packet, explaining class schedules and what to expect at your registration appointment.
- Consult the Freshman Course Catalog: As your appointment nears, consult the Freshman Course Catalog for courses you might be interested in. At your appointment, a member of the School Counseling office will guide student and parent(s) through the course registration process.
- Questions? Give the enrollment staff a call or schedule a One to One Appointment for a personal conference. If you have any questions about your financial aid, contact the Business Office for clarification.
- Check back to this Class of 2023 page often for information about upcoming events, news and general information. This is your spot for info until school begins in August.
Summer School: Health Class
Registration is now open for our Summer School Health Class. Classes will be held June 6 – 26, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. The cost is $200. 1 credit hour is earned. This is a great way to meet fellow classmates and earn a credit to open space in your schedule for other courses over your high school career. The class is open to BCHS incoming students, 9th – 12th grades. Registration deadline is May 1.
Questions? Contact Allison Mayer, Assistant to the Principals, at 317-251-1451, Ext. 2248 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2019/2020 BCHS Key Dates Calendar
- Proficiency Tests in Algebra I, Spanish I, Latin I and Geometry: Look for signup for these after course registration.
- If you received financial aid, you are eligible for a Citizenship Grant (for students). Look for applications in early to mid March. Read more about the program
- Any parent can become part of the Event Support Staff and receive money for their services that can be applied to tuition costs. Signup for events will also be available in early to mid March.
- Financial Aid Appointments: Registration will open in early spring for these appointments held during June – August. These are mandatory for everyone receiving financial aid from BCHS.
Freshman Orientation Part I: June 8
Mark your calendars for this event for students and parents alike. More information will be posted as the date approaches.
Used Uniform Sale: Early June
Don’t miss the chance to purchase used uniforms and spiritwear at a reduced price at our annual Used Uniform Sale. Information will be posted as it becomes available.
Official school uniforms can be purchased through Schoolbelles (School code: S1664) on the north side of the Glendale Mall on 62nd street. Uniform sweatshirts can only be purchased through the BCHS Spirit Shoppe, located off of the BCHS cafeteria.
The School Calendar
Throughout the year, our electronic calendars are the best source for calendar information. Calendars are found under the News & Events section.
Go To Calendars Page
Print a version of the 2019/2020 key dates calendar here.
Parent Volunteers at BCHS
Many volunteer opportunities are available during school, at extra events or with organizations. The BCHS parent organization, The Trinity Parent Club, organizes volunteers for the school and school events. The Athletic Booster Club, Music Booster Club and Theatre Boosters also have needs throughout the year.
Look for our 2019/2020 volunteer form in early June.
Sports Physical Night: June 3, 2019
Mark your calendars for BCHS Sports Physical Night on Monday, June 3, at BCHS. IHSAA Physicals administered at that time are good for the entire 2018/19 school year. Don’t miss this easy opportunity to complete your required documents to receive an athlete’s ‘Ticket to Play’.
Further details will be posted as they become available.
Summer Sports Conditioning Information
As coaches finalize summer conditioning and training schedules, they will be posted on the Athletics website, under the Summer tab.
‘Ticket To Play’ for summer (and all) sports
The ‘Ticket to Play’ is our way to confirm that the student is an eligible athlete, with all paperwork, permissions and physical on file in the Athletic Office.
Every student-athlete needs to present a personal ‘Ticket To Play’ to the head coach of each sport they participate in BEFORE they can begin any team involvement: summer or seasonal conditioning, practice, etc. The ‘Ticket to Play’ and accompanying physicals and permissions are good for the entire 2018/19 school year.
Freshman Academic Links