All the information you need as you prepare to become a BCHS Trojan!
Welcome to Bishop Chatard High School! We are looking forward to welcoming you as a member of the Trojan Class of 2025.
During the spring, summer and into early fall, this webpage will provide important announcements and information you will need as you begin your high school career. Please check back frequently.
Send a photo of you holding your admissions certificate and we’ll add it to this webpage! Please include the student’s name. Send to communications
- For the Re-Entry Plan and COVID concerns, visit www.bishopchatard.org/virus. This page will be available all year.
- For the latest news announcements, view the News and Current Events page, under the News & Events main navigation.
- Parents can find specific information in their main ‘BCHS Parents’ area, including parent news, links to the business office, forms, Powerschool, lunch info, Trinity Club and other items
- In the Student area, students can view their news items, links to bell schedules, lunch menus, PowerSchool, Canvas and The-Blueprint, student website
We wish you the very best in the school year ahead.
Check back to this Class of 2025 page often for information about upcoming events, news and general information. This is your spot for info until school begins in August.
This summer school class is a great way to earn a credit to open space in your schedule for other courses over your high school career.
BCHS will offer Health Class during the summer 2021. One credit hour is earned for the course. Cost is $200. Classes run Monday to Friday, from June 2 – 22 from 8:00 to 11:30 a.m.
The intent is to conduct this course in-person on the Bishop Chatard campus. All Marion County Health Department COVID-19 directives will be followed. In-person instruction is subject to change.
Course Description and Summer School Expectations
Technology Responsible Use Policy
Students will take the proficiency tests at home and need access to a computer, laptop, iPad for the test. Specific directions to log into Canvas, our learning management system, will be emailed to students closer to the test date. A practice test will be available for students to try ahead of the proficiency test.
- Algebra I: Tuesday – June 1, 2021 – 10:00 a.m. – Noon
- Spanish I or Latin I: Tuesday – June 1, 2021 – 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Geometry: By appointment only. Please register online, then contact Mrs. Brogan at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up the appointment. The Geometry proficiency test is only for students who have taken a full year of Geometry at the high school level in 8th grade.
Questions? Contact Beth Brogan at email@example.com
- Your deposit is made, you’ve registered for Freshman courses. Do you still have questions? Give the enrollment staff a call. If you have any questions about your financial aid, contact the Business Office for clarification.
- Check back to this Class of 2024 page often for information about upcoming events, news and general information. This is your spot for info until school begins in August.
- Don’t forget to check the ‘Sports’ tab on this page for current sports news. Just posted there: Cheerleading Clinic and Tryouts: May 12-14.
- 2021/2022 BCHS Key Dates Calendar
- Used Uniform Sale — Date TBD
- Freshman Parent Meeting: June 15
- Athletic Physical Night: Tentative Date is June 1
Freshman Parent Meeting: June 15
Don’t miss this important Class of 2025 Freshman Parent Meeting on Tuesday, June 15, 2021, at 6:30 p.m. in the BCHS Varsity Gym. At this meeting, BCHS school leaders will introduce you to some of the individuals who will be instrumental in your child’s high school journey, and we will share important information about policies and procedures at Bishop Chatard.
Topics covered include:
- Daily drop-off & pick up procedures
- School lunch offerings & meal payment
- School uniforms
- Parent communications; Parent volunteer opportunities
- Reporting of student absences, late arrival or early departure; technology policies
- Class schedules, school counseling services, extracurricular opportunities
Because we will be in the school building, face masks will be required and social distancing will be observed.
Note: Freshman STUDENT orientation and welcome, where upperclassmen will share “must know” student information and students will have the opportunity to walk their class schedules, will be held at a later date. Watch email annnouncements and this webpage for updates.
The School Calendar
Throughout the year, our electronic calendars are the best source for calendar information. Calendars are found under the News & Events section on this website.
Go To Calendars Page
Print a version of the 2021/2022 key dates calendar here.
Official school uniforms can be purchased through Schoolbelles (School code: S1664). Schoolbelles shop is temporarily closed as they move to a new location. Uniform sweatshirts can only be purchased through the BCHS Spirit Shoppe, located off of the BCHS cafeteria or via our online store Spirit Shoppe Online
Parent Volunteers at BCHS
Many volunteer opportunities are available during school, at extra events or with organizations. The BCHS parent organization, The Trinity Club, organizes volunteers for the school and school events. The Athletic Booster Club, Music Booster Club and Theatre Boosters also have needs throughout the year.
Our online volunteer form for will be posted in early spring.
Cheerleading Clinic and Tryouts: May 12-14
Bishop Chatard Cheerleading Clinic and try-outs for the 2021-2022 Cheer Squad are here! Mandatory try-out clinics will be held May 12 & May 13, 2021, from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Try-outs will take place on May 14 at 4:00 p.m. All clinics and try-outs will take place in the BC main gym. Please wear cheer shorts, and tee or tank, cheer/tennis shoes, and hair pulled back away from the face in a ponytail or braid.
Try-outs are open to any incoming 9th - 12th graders. Teams will be posted on Monday, May 17, 2021.
If you have any questions please email Coach Kim Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sports Physical Night: Tentatively scheduled for June 1, 2021
Information and forms for physicals for summer conditioning and any season’s sports participation are now available.
BCHS Physical Night has tentatively been scheduled for July 1, 2021. Details will be posted when available.
Read More at BCHS Athletics
Summer Sports Information
Summer sports schedules will be posted in our Athletics area, under the ‘Summer’tab, when available. Callouts for fall sports will also be posted here as they become available.
View Summer Conditioning page
‘Ticket To Play’ for summer (and all) sports
The ‘Ticket to Play’ is our way to confirm that the student is an eligible athlete, with all paperwork, permissions and physical on file in the Athletic Office.
Every student-athlete needs to present a personal ‘Ticket To Play’ to the head coach of each sport they participate in BEFORE they can begin any team involvement: summer or seasonal conditioning, practice, etc. The ‘Ticket to Play’ and accompanying physicals and permissions are good for the entire 2020/21 school year.
Freshman Academic Links
- Freshman Course Catalog (pdf)
- Main Course Catalog
- School Counseling Department
- Student Handbook
- Student-Athlete Handbook (this takes you to the Athletic website)