All the information you need as you prepare to become a BCHS Trojan!
Welcome to Bishop Chatard High School! We are looking forward to welcoming you as a member of the Trojan Class of 2025.
During the spring, summer and into early fall, this webpage will provide important announcements and information you will need as you begin your high school career. Please check back frequently.
Send a photo of you holding your admissions certificate and we’ll add it to this webpage! Please include the student’s name. Send to communications
- For the Re-Entry Plan and COVID concerns, visit www.bishopchatard.org/virus. This page will be available all year.
- For the latest news announcements, view the News and Current Events page, under the News & Events main navigation.
- Parents can find specific information in their main ‘BCHS Parents’ area, including parent news, links to the business office, forms, Powerschool, lunch info, Trinity Club and other items
- In the Student area, students can view their news items, links to bell schedules, lunch menus, PowerSchool, Canvas and The-Blueprint, student website
We wish you the very best in the school year ahead.
You are officially a Trojan! What’s next?
Step 1 and 2: Send in Your Registration Form AND Pay Your Deposit
All incoming Class of 2025 students need to send in their Registration Form (found in their acceptance packet) to let us know you are coming. Deadline for this form and deposit is February 16, 2021 .
Your tuition deposit ($350/student, $500/family) will be automatically withdrawn from your BCHS FACTS account on February 26.
If you do not want this automatic FACTS transaction, contact Karen Feeney, Tuition Manager, at email@example.com, NO LATER than Monday, Feb. 15, 2021, to stop the withdrawal. If you stop this special withdrawal, you still need to pay your deposit via cash or check by the February 26 due date.
In this meeting, students together with their parents/guardians will have the chance to register for 2021/2022 Freshman courses under the guidance of one of our School Counselors. We will email you when we open the appointment schedule for you (see appropriate sections above for that timeline). Virtual appointments are available at various times during the week of March 8.
- How to make your appointment: Included in our email notification about opening registration for you, you’ll receive a direct link to our appointment scheduling portal.
Alternately, you’ll be able to find this same link by logging in to your Application Portal Account after we’ve opened registration for you.
Starting Feb. 16, we will begin emailing appointment links to those who have returned their payment/registration forms. Included in these emails will be information explaining class schedules and what to expect at your registration appointment.
Step 4: Consult the Freshman Course Catalog: As your appointment nears, consult the Freshman Course Catalog for courses you might be interested in. At your appointment, a member of the School Counseling office will guide student and parent(s) through the course registration process.
View Course Catalog & Diploma Requirements
Questions? Give the enrollment staff a call or email Jenny Annee, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about your financial aid, contact the Business Office for clarification.
This summer school class is a great way to earn a credit to open space in your schedule for other courses over your high school career.
BCHS will offer Health Class during the summer 2021. One credit hour is earned for the course. Cost is $200. Classes run Monday to Friday, from June 2 – 22 from 8:00 to 11:30 a.m.
The intent is to conduct this course in-person on the Bishop Chatard campus. An all-virtual option will be available. All Marion County Health Department COVID-19 directives will be followed. In-person instruction is subject to change.
Course Description and Summer School Expectations
Technology Responsible Use Policy
Counselors will share summer school registration information during your Registration appointment. Check back the week of March 15 for registration details here.
- Your deposit is made, you’ve registered for Freshman courses. Do you still have questions? Give the enrollment staff a call. If you have any questions about your financial aid, contact the Business Office for clarification.
- Check back to this Class of 2024 page often for information about upcoming events, news and general information. This is your spot for info until school begins in August.
- Don’t forget to check the ‘Sports’ tab on this page for current sports news.
- 2021/2022 BCHS Key Dates Calendar
The School Calendar
Throughout the year, our electronic calendars are the best source for calendar information. Calendars are found under the News & Events section on this website.
Go To Calendars Page
Print a version of the 2021/2022 key dates calendar here.
Official school uniforms can be purchased through Schoolbelles (School code: S1664). Schoolbelles shop is temporarily closed as they move to a new location. Uniform sweatshirts can only be purchased through the BCHS Spirit Shoppe, located off of the BCHS cafeteria or via our online store Spirit Shoppe Online
Parent Volunteers at BCHS
Many volunteer opportunities are available during school, at extra events or with organizations. The BCHS parent organization, The Trinity Club, organizes volunteers for the school and school events. The Athletic Booster Club, Music Booster Club and Theatre Boosters also have needs throughout the year.
Our online volunteer form for will be posted in early spring.
Physicals and Sports Documentation
BCHS Athletics has traditionally offered an opportunity for sports physicals at the school, usually in early June. Information about this will be posted as it becomes available.
Summer Sports Information
Summer sports schedules will be posted in our Athletics area, under the ‘Summer’tab, when available. Callouts for fall sports will also be posted here as they become available.
View Summer Conditioning page
‘Ticket To Play’ for summer (and all) sports
The ‘Ticket to Play’ is our way to confirm that the student is an eligible athlete, with all paperwork, permissions and physical on file in the Athletic Office.
Every student-athlete needs to present a personal ‘Ticket To Play’ to the head coach of each sport they participate in BEFORE they can begin any team involvement: summer or seasonal conditioning, practice, etc. The ‘Ticket to Play’ and accompanying physicals and permissions are good for the entire 2020/21 school year.
Freshman Academic Links
- Freshman Course Catalog (pdf)
- Main Course Catalog
- School Counseling Department
- Student Handbook
- Student-Athlete Handbook (this takes you to the Athletic website)