New this year – FREE lunch & breakfast for ALL! The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has approved all schools to offer free lunch and breakfast (where available) to ALL students, regardless of income, for the entire 2021-22 school year. This means students will receive their USDA ‘Meal Deal” for FREE this school year.
- Students must take the required components to make a reimbursable ‘meal deal’ in order for it to be free. Reimbursable meal details will be displayed in the cafeteria or during meal delivery. The cashier/school staff will help students construct a reimbursable meal.
- USDA Meal Deal lunch: must select 3 out of 5 food groups: any entrée/sandwich, vegetable, fruit, whole grain and milk. Selections must include a fruit or vegetable. Seconds are not included.
- USDA Meal Deal Breakfast: must select 3 or 4 food groups: a whole grain, meat/meat alternative, fruit and milk. One component may be denied but a fruit must be selected. Breakfast is served in the cafeteria daily 45 minutes before the first bell.
- Nothing needs to be sent to the school in order to have a student receive meals for free. Free meals are automatically offered to all students regardless of income.
- If students purchase extras (such as a bottled drink) available in the serving line, a la carte (such as a singular milk or entree), snacks from vending machines, etc., the student will be charged for these items. If your student intends to purchase items other than a meal, please make sure there are adequate funds on their MyMealtime account.
Paying for Lunches
Currently we do not accept payment or make change in the cafeteria line. Scan in your student ID card for touchless payment through the student’s MyMealtime account. Incoming freshmen will be given a temporary digital barcode until they receive their card.
View MyMealtime Setup & Payment Options
Should I still apply for the Free/Reduced Meals Program? YES!
Families that believe they would normally qualify for the Free/Reduced Meals Program should definitely submit a free meal application as this can help with qualifying for other assistance programs, like textbook assistance and some college fee waivers, for the family and student.
Benefits from completing applications stretch far beyond the cafeteria and impact students in the classroom and at home. All information submitted in these applications is private and confidential! Applications begin on July 19, 2021.
Please contact Cafeteria Manager Michael Dlugosz at (317) 251-1451, ext. 2240, or
email@example.com for more information.