Your journey begins here...
Develop your mind. Deepen your faith. Discover yourself.
235 Students Volunteer as Bishop Chatard Ambassadors
$28.2 Million in Scholarships and Grants were Earned by the Class of 2022
100 Trojans were Named Academic All-State in 2021-2022
86% of Students are Active in Clubs and Sports
95% of BCHS Students Participate in Class Spiritual Retreats
Minority Students Represent 20% of the BCHS Student Body
BCHS is the North Deanery High School of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis
Bishop Chatard students are supported by over 50 years of history and tradition. Committed to our role as the Archdiocese of Indianapolis North Deanery high school, it remains our mission to serve all students who seek a Catholic education. We achieve that by maintaining an inclusive learning environment that offers innovative programs – including almost 50 honors and AP & Dual Credit courses, along with a robust Academic Support Program – that narrow learning gaps.
Bishop Chatard has a culture focused on faith formation and servant leadership that permeates everything we do.
- All-school Mass is celebrated each week
- Students log over 11,000 service hours annually and can participate in school-sponsored Christian service immersion trips
- Bishop Chatards’s curriculum includes four years of Theology coursework
Bishop Chatard offers a challenging academic program, recognized as exceptional.
- 13:1 Student-to-teacher ratio
- 63% of 2022 graduates earned Academic Honors diplomas
- BCHS received Indiana’s Advanced Placement Achievement Award, placing in the top 3% of Indiana high schools.
Bishop Chatard fosters an inclusive athletic program encouraging all students to challenge themselves physically, as well as academically.
- Bishop Chatard supports 24 athletic teams
- 69% of the student body participates in team sports
- Trojans have won 17 IHSAA state championships
Bishop Chatard believes that each individual has infinite value and welcomes a diverse group of students, providing extracurricular activities that appeal to all.
- 86% of students participate in extracurricular clubs or activities
- Over 35 clubs sponsor numerous student activities and engagement opportunities
- Student leadership opportunities offered in Student Council, Peer Ministry and Ambassador programs
Bishop Chatard taught me the importance of being active in your faith and to not hide it. I have an active role to play in the world. I am not going to wait for change, instead, I will be the change.
I'm going to be an engineer in a globally connected world. My faith will be challenged by opposing beliefs and my mind will be challenged intellectually as I go on to college. BCHS has given me tools to protect my faith and the intellect to do whatever I set my mind to.