Bishop Chatard offers students over 135 unique courses to explore, including 25 honors and 25 Advanced Placement and Dual Credit classes. The school’s Academic Support Program provides services and individual support to specific learning needs.
View Course Descriptions
To receive a Bishop Chatard diploma, a student is required to: 1) complete a total of 8 semesters in high school, 2) pass the ISTEP+ Assessment in Math and English/Language Arts or qualify for a state waiver, and 3) successfully complete all of the academic requirements, including Theology.
View our Diploma Requirements and Grading Scale
Summa Cum Laude Program
Based on the Latin expression to indicate academic distinction for “the highest of honor,” the Summa Cum Laude program, a special three-year honors program for the advanced college-bound student, is offered by Bishop Chatard.
The Summa program is designed to meet the needs of academically motivated students by offering courses that are challenging and rewarding. The program encourages involvement and leadership in extracurricular activities and service by focusing on the growth and development of the whole person.
This three-year program, encompassing the sophomore, junior and senior years, will challenge and prepare the most gifted college-bound individuals for a successful postsecondary career.
The Summa Cum Laude student will:
- COMMIT to an intensive course of study at the highest academic level offered by the school;
- ACHIEVE the highest standards of academic success as demonstrated by school exams and standardized testing;
- PARTICIPATE and be a leader in the life of the school and the community;
- ENGAGE in the Christian Service Program beyond the minimum requirements;
- ATTAIN and sustain no less than a cumulative 4.0 GPA.
Students who have demonstrated a 3.85 GPA at the end their freshman year may apply for acceptance in the program in the fall of their sophomore year.READ MORE ABOUT OUR SUMMA CUM LAUDE PROGRAM