You’ve visited Bishop Chatard High School and talked with students and school personnel about the diverse academic programs and extracurriculars offered, and you are now ready to apply to become a Trojan! Please read the important information below before beginning your application.
How to Apply
- Take the High School Placement Test
(Read more about the placement test)
- Complete the online application
- Submit the required documents
Electronic copies of the following REQUIRED documents can be submitted via the online application. If electronic copies aren’t available for uploading into the application portal, mail documents to Bishop Chatard High School, Attn: Enrollment Office, 5885 Crittenden Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46220
- 7th grade report card
- Most recent 8th grade report card
- Either the 6th Grade ILEARN scores or NWEA scores
- High School Placement Test scores. (If the test was taken at Bishop Chatard, the scores will already be on file.)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Recent psycho-educational testing results, if applying for academic support
- Guardianship papers, if applicable
- Apply for Financial Aid (optional but encouraged)
Bishop Chatard operates on the philosophy that ability to pay should not be a deterrent for any family seeking a Catholic education for their child. All financial assistance granted at Bishop Chatard is need-based. Financial aid information has no bearing on the acceptance of any student. If your family would like to be considered for financial aid, a financial aid application made through FACTS is REQUIRED. Financial Aid Applications for the Class of 2025 incoming freshmen are due December 7, 2020.
Read about BCHS Financial Aid Information
Bishop Chatard also encourages all families to review the qualifications for Indiana Choice Scholarships (vouchers) and tax credit scholarships (sgos). Financial aid information has no bearing on the acceptance of any student into Bishop Chatard High School.
If you have questions about financial aid at Bishop Chatard, contact Dan Thompson, Director of Business Operations, at email@example.com.
Notification of Completed Application
When all documents are received and your application is complete, you will receive an email from the Bishop Chatard Enrollment Office. You can also login to the application portal to see a completed application message.
The Acceptance Process
- Receive our Acceptance Packet: Acceptance packets for the Class of 2025 will be mailed by February 1, 2021. This packet also includes a financial aid offer, if applicable.
- Submit a tuition deposit according to directions in the packet. This will officially indicate your intention to enroll at BCHS. The deposit is due by February 16, 2021 and can be mailed to Bishop Chatard High School, Attn: Admissions, 5885 Crittenden Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46220, or delivered to the school. Deposit for 2021/22 is $350 or $500 for two or more in a family. Deposits received after the deadline will incur a $100 late fee added to the family’s final tuition statement.
- Select classes for the freshman year. After we receive your deposit, look for our email with instructions to make an appointment to meet with a counselor to choose freshman classes. These appointments are usually in early March.