You’ve visited Bishop Chatard High School and talked with students and school personnel about the diverse academic programs and extracurriculars offered, and you are now ready to apply to become a Trojan! Please read the important information below before beginning your application.
Applications for the Class of 2027
March 7, 2023
Bishop Chatard High School is still accepting applications for the Class of 2027 as well as deposits/registration forms from those families having already been accepted to the class of 2027.
Please know, however, for any new applicants and those who have not yet submitted your deposit/registration form: seats are limited and any remaining space for the Class of 2027 will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Karen Aruta, Enrollment Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-251-1451, ext. 2234, with any questions.
How to Apply
There are two required parts to the BCHS application for incoming freshmen:
- the High School Placement Test
- the completed Online Application and required documents
The above can be completed in any order. The Financial Aid application is optional, but recommended.
- Go to High School Placement Test information
- The Online Application with required documents
Online applications are made through PowerSchool Enrollment. You will need to create a PowerSchool Enrollment account, even if you already have a PowerSchool Parent Portal account at another school or even at Bishop Chatard. This account will be separate from the one used to view student grades.
- Applications can be started and saved for completion later.
- The application can be submitted without the required documents, but the application is not complete until all required documents have been received.
- Once you click “Submit”, changes or additions to the application can only be made by contacting the Enrollment Department.
- If you missed uploading a required document, electronic copies can be emailed to email@example.com or if you don’t have an electronic copy of a document, paper copies can be mailed to Bishop Chatard High School, Attn: Enrollment Office, 5885 Crittenden Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46220.
- When all documents are received and your application is complete, you will receive an email from the Bishop Chatard Enrollment Office.
- 7th grade report card
- Most recent 8th grade report card
- Either the 7th Grade ILEARN scores or NWEA scores
- High School Placement Test scores. (If the test was taken at Bishop Chatard or a North Deanery grade school, the scores will already be on file.)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- If applying for academic support, required documents also include the most recent ISP, IEP, CSEP or 504 and psycho-educational testing results
- Guardianship papers, if applicable
Financial Aid Application (optional but encouraged)
To be considered for assistance, Class of 2027 applicants must complete the Financial Aid Application through FACTS no later than December 15, 2022.
- All financial assistance granted at Bishop Chatard is need-based.
- To be considered for financial aid, a financial aid application made through FACTS is REQUIRED.
- Financial aid information has no bearing on the acceptance of any student into Bishop Chatard High School.
- Deadline for Financial Aid Applications for the Class of 2027 is December 15, 2022.
Bishop Chatard encourages all families to review the qualifications for Indiana State Choice Scholarships (vouchers) and tax credit scholarships (TCS through a SGO). Income eligibility for these expanded substantially in recent years and more families are now eligible.
If you have questions about financial aid at Bishop Chatard, contact Karen Feeney, Tuition Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Acceptance Process
- Receive our Acceptance Packet: Acceptance packets for the Class of 2027 will be mailed in February 2023. This packet also includes a financial aid offer, if applicable.
- Submit a tuition deposit. This will officially indicate your intention to enroll at BCHS. The deposit is due by February 28, 2023. Deposit for 2023/24 is $350 or $500 for two or more in a family. New families can mail deposit to Bishop Chatard High School, Attn: Admissions, 5885 Crittenden Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46220, or deliver it to the school. Current BCHS families will submit deposit through FACTS. Deposits received after the deadline may incur a $100 late fee added to the family’s final tuition statement.
- Select classes for the freshman year. After we receive your deposit, look for our email with instructions to make an appointment to meet with a counselor to choose freshman classes. These appointments are usually in early March.
All schools and parishes under the guidance of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Indianapolis admit students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletics and other school-administered programs.