BCHS Shadow Experience
Bishop Chatard invites 8th grade students to BCHS to spend the day shadowing a current Bishop Chatard student. You will attend classes, interact with teachers and other students, and experience life as a Trojan.
Shadow Dates for 2022/2023
- September 2022: 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 27-29
- October 2022: 4-6, 13, 25-27
- November 2022: 1, 2, 8, 9, 11, 15, 17, 29, 30
- December 2022: 6-8
- January 2023: 11, 12, 18, 19, 24-26, 31
- February 2023: 1, 2, 7, 16, 22, 23, 28
About Your Shadowing Experience
- Your scheduled day will begin at 7:25 a.m. You can be dropped off at door #10 in the back parking lot. There you will be greeted by BCHS staff and given everything you need for a successful visit.
- You will be paired with a shadow host for your visit. While we cannot guarantee that a specific host student will be available on a particular day, we will do our best to match each prospective student with a BCHS student who has similar classes and interests.
- Dress for the day is “school-uniform-type attire” (please no jeans, hooded sweatshirts, sweatpants or t-shirts). Our students wear khaki pants or shorts and collared uniform shirts. You are welcome to wear your own school uniform.
- You do not need to bring anything with you for your shadow day – we will provide you with everything you need, including lunch. We ask that all cell phones and electronic devices be left at home or kept in a bag or pocket during your shadowing day.
- The shadow day will end at 3:15 p.m. at the Saint Benedict Center (the small building directly south of the main building). Drivers picking up students at the SBC can park along Crittenden Avenue on the east side of the street (closest to the school).
If you have additional questions or cannot make your scheduled shadow day, please contact Sarah Bustamante, Coordinator of Enrollment Advocacy, at email@example.com or 317-251-1451 ext. 2268.
Thank you for your interest in shadowing Bishop Chatard High School!