BCHS Shadow Experience
Bishop Chatard invites 8th grade students and those considering a transfer to BCHS to spend a day shadowing a current Bishop Chatard student. You will attend classes, interact with teachers and other students, and experience life as a Trojan.
Shadow Dates for 2020/2021
- September: 8-10, 15-17, 22-23, 25, 30
- October: 6-7, 9, 12, 28, 30
- November: 3-4, 10-11, 13, 17-18, 20
- December: 1, 2, 4
- January: 12-13, 15, 19-20, 22, 26-27, 29
- February: 2-3, 5, 9-10, 12, 16-17, 19
What to Expect on Your Shadow Day
- Your scheduled day will begin at 7:15 a.m. in the Bishop Chatard Cafeteria. Please drop off your student in the back paved parking at Door #10 (athletic entrance on the north end of the parking lot) where you will meet your shadow host.
- The day begins with a complimentary breakfast! This includes breakfast items, juice, coffee, and water. You’re welcome to bring your own breakfast if you’d like.
- You will be paired with a shadow host for your visit. Shadow hosts are students who have applied and been approved for this important responsibility. We will do our best to match each prospective student with a BCHS student who has similar classes and interests. We cannot guarantee a specific host, if requested, will be available.
- Dress for the day is “school-type attire.” (Please no jeans, sweatshirts, sweatpants or t-shirts.) Appropriate attire includes khaki or black pants, shirts with collars or sweaters. FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED.
- We ask that all cell phones and all electronic devices be left at home. If you must bring a cell phone, please keep it in a bag or pocket.
- The shadow day ends at 11:15 a.m. Students will need to be picked up at the St. Benedict Center (the small building directly south of the main building…please note, this is a different location from the morning drop-off).
- If you cannot make your scheduled shadow day, please notify Mrs. Annee as soon as possible.
Contact Jenny Annee, Associate Director of Enrollment, at jannee@bishopchatard, or 317-251-1451, ext. 2268 with questions.
Thank you for your interest in shadowing Bishop Chatard High School!