BCHS Shadow Experience
Bishop Chatard invites 8th grade students and those considering a transfer to BCHS to spend a day shadowing a current Bishop Chatard student. You will attend classes, interact with teachers and other students, and experience life as a Trojan. Shadow dates for the Class of 2023 are listed below.
Shadow Dates for 2018/2019
- September: 11-13, 25-27
- October: 2, 4, 16-18
- November: 6-8, 13-15, 28
- December: 4-5
- January: 9-10, 16-17, 22-24
- February: 5-7
Official shadow days are closed. If you missed these dates, please contact Marilynn Fagan, firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-251-1451, ext. 2234 to arrange a shadowing day.
Parent Wednesday Walk-Thrus
Parents of students considering Bishop Chatard for their student’s high school education are invited to tour the school while classes are session during a Wednesday Walk-Thru. The sessions will be held on Oct. 17, Nov. 14, Dec. 5, Jan. 23 and Feb. 6.
Wednesday Walk-thrus are now over. You can always schedule a One-to-One Appointment to find out more about BCHS. Contact Marilynn Fagan: email@example.com or 317-251-1451.
What to Expect on Your Shadow Day
- Your scheduled day will begin at 7:30 a.m. in the St. Benedict Center (SBC), the building south of the main school building on Crittenden Ave. Please enter the building through the SBC front door on Crittenden. Your host will meet you.
*If you plan to arrive before 7:30 a.m., please contact Marilynn Fagan, firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to your scheduled shadow day.
- You will be paired with a shadow host for your visit. Shadow hosts are students who have applied and been approved for this important responsibility. We will do our best to match each prospective student with a BCHS student who has similar classes and interests. We cannot guarantee a specific host, if requested, will be available.
- Dress for the day is “school-type attire.” (Please no jeans, sweatshirts, sweatpants or t-shirts.) Appropriate attire includes khaki or black pants, shirts with collars or sweaters.
- We ask that all cell phones and all electronic devices be left at home. If you must bring a cell phone, please keep it in a bag or pocket.
- You will be given a pass for a complimentary lunch on the day of your visit. This includes a “Meal Deal” from the BCHS cafeteria. (menu). You are also welcome to bring money for other items or to pack your own lunch.
- The school day ends at 3:15 p.m. Students who are shadowing and their hosts are asked to return to the St. Benedict Center before leaving for the day. Students will be ready for pick up at approximately 3:15 p.m. outside the St. Benedict Center.
- If you cannot make your scheduled shadow day, please notify Mrs. Fagan as soon as possible.