2022 – 2025 Strategic Plan and Action Steps
The Bishop Chatard Board of Regents has approved the following Strategic Plan for the school years 2022/2023 through 2024/2025.
GOAL ONETo increase the number of minority professional staff and ensure the quality of all minority students’ experience
- The school will reconstitute the Diversity Committee to develop plans to enhance minority professional staff recruitment and the minority student experience.
- The school leadership will work with current minority adults (parents, past parents, alumni), to assist in the professional staff recruitment efforts.
- The school leadership team will form a committee of staff members and minority parents and alumni to develop a plan to enhance the minority student experience.
- The school will ensure that the Black Student Union engages in the same process and will coordinate the efforts between the adult committee and the Black Student Union.
GOAL TWOTo review, update and more thoroughly implement the Catholic Educator Advancement Program (CEAP), including professional development, and increase the CEAP compensation scale in order to remain competitive with high schools in the Bishop Chatard catchment area.
- The school’s academic leadership team, under the direction of the principal, will develop a 3 year plan to review, update and more thoroughly implement the Catholic Educator Advancement Program (CEAP), including teacher professional development, teacher goal setting and assessments and the CEAP rubric and rules of advancement.
- The President and Director of Business management, with the assistance of the board Finance Committee, will develop a 3 year budget taking into consideration the goal of attaining 80%+ of the average teacher salaries of schools in the Bishop Chatard catchment area.
GOAL THREETo review, update and implement a 3 year marketing for enrollment plan with particular focus on North Deanery outreach.
- The school administration, with the assistance of the Board of Regents Marketing Committee, will develop a 3 year marketing for enrollment plan to more effectively promote Bishop Chatard as the primary high school option for all matriculating North Deanery parish school graduates.
- The school will hire a Vice President for Advancement to lead this effort, as well as a Coordinator of North Deanery Outreach.
- The school will ensure that, subsequent to archdiocesan approval, a successful capital campaign will be conducted for the purpose of building a Performing Arts Center (includes construction of a maintenance and storage facility in the stadium to provide for parking where the current storage building is located). Any excess campaign funds realized will be used to complete the remaining, highest priority capital projects that are included in the BCHS Master Plan as developed by the Leadership Team and the Board of Regents, with input from the Bishop Chatard community through surveys and the capital campaign feasibility study. Large scale capital replacement projects will be considered, as well.
Bishop Chatard 2023 Capital Campaign Financial Feasibility Study
Posted April 2023