Current BCHS openings: Chief Information Officer; Instructional Assistant/Academic Support; various teaching positions; Coordinator of Enrollment Advocacy; Trojan Tot Teacher & Site Manager, Assistant to Principal, Cafeteria Cashier/Prep Cooks
8:00 am Geometry Test Out Exam
The Bishop Chatard Trinity Club is the original parent organization at BCHS still going strong today. Engagement in the Trinity Club enables parents to stay actively involved in the lives of students and the Bishop Chatard School community. In the process, friendships are made and bonds are created that will last well beyond your children’s high school years!
Simply by being a BCHS parent or guardian, you are already a member!
Athletic Booster Club
Bishop Chatard’s Athletic Booster Club supports student athletes and athletic programs at BCHS. Events are sponsored throughout the school year to encourage participation in athletics and to support the school’s over 20 sports teams. The Athletic Booster Club welcomes all parents, past parents, alumni and Trojan fans in the community to join.
Theatre Booster Club
Bishop Chatard’s Theatre Booster Club supports its student thespians and theatre department by assisting with production needs, volunteering at events and planning activities that encourage student involvement in the theatre program. New members are always welcome!
Music Booster Club
The Bishop Chatard Business Office is located in the St. Benedict Center, located at the south end of the Bishop Chatard campus. Entrance to this building faces Crittenden Ave.
How Do I Make Tuition Payments?Bishop Chatard offers parents several tuition payment options and plans. Payments can be made through FACTS, by cash or check.
How Do I Apply For Financial Aid?Families seeking financial aid from Bishop Chatard are required to submit a BCHS financial aid application through FACTS to begin the process. All families who receive a BCHS financial aid award must also complete applications for Indiana Choice Scholarship (vouchers) and tax credit scholarships (SGOs).
LIST OF COMMON BCHS FORMS
- Current COVID policies
- How to Report a Student Absence through SafeArrival
- Pre-Arranged Absence Request Form (pdf)
- 2021/2022 Key Date Calendar (pdf)
- Coping with Loss: Depression and Suicide Resources
- Teen Vaping: what you need to know (website)
- List of Mental Health Resources (pdf)
- BCHS School Wellness Policy (pdf)
- Technology Responsible Use Policy (pdf)
- Hair Follicle Testing Policy (pdf)
Updated January 2022
School closings or delays will be available on the following local T.V. stations: Channel 4 (CBS),
Channel 6 (ABC), Channel 8 (CW), Channel 13 (NBC) and Channel 59 (FOX). School closings
will also be posted on our website (www.bishopchatard.org) and sent via phone, text and email
using the phone numbers and email addresses available. We will also announce school closings
via various twitter accounts including @BishopChatardHS and @BCHS_Principal.
When it comes to two-hour delays or cancellations, stakeholders will most likely be informed by 6:00 a.m. and no later than 6:30 a.m.
Bishop Chatard High School could potentially utilize the option of an eLearning day for canceled school days due to weather. In the event this would occur, the campus will be closed.
Students are required to utilize their iPad or other electronic device and complete course content in Canvas. The courses regularly scheduled for the in-person school day will still be conducted, only in a virtual format. Students will work through their school day in an asynchronous manner at their own pace and schedule, while meeting due dates established by the teacher. View the day to day schedule of classes here.
What should a student do on a Snow-Asynchronous eLearning Day?
- Students will utilize Canvas for class instructional material. Students are expected to check every course in Canvas by 10:00 a.m. and work through the course material at their own pace.
- Students are required to complete an attendance form for each class. Each teacher will post the attendance form via a Google form or Canvas Quiz on their Canvas page. Failure to complete the form will result in a student being marked unexcused for that particular class and work submitted will not receive credit.
- Students are required to complete and submit all coursework as defined by the teacher.
Student work will be graded and recorded in Powerschool. Work is due at the date/time defined by the teacher.
- All teachers will be available for questions between 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. via email or Canvas discussion board. Teachers will respond to student questions within one hour.
If your child is ill, please follow normal attendance protocol. Information can be found on the Bishop Chatard website:
Have you completed SafeParish program at your parish?
If you have completed this program at your parish, you don’t need to complete it again. Contact Libbie Steiner, Lsteiner@bishopchatard.org for the procedure.
Start the Program
This program is online, taking about 45 minutes to complete. The program can be accessed at https://www.archindysafeparish.org/. Passcode is Archindy2021.
Bishop Chatard appreciates your willingness to volunteer. If you have questions about this program, please contact Libbie Steiner at Lsteiner@bishopchatard.org.
Learn More about the program and application procedure
If you qualify for free/reduced school meals, contact BCHS Guidance Counselor Pam Nixon (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information about SAT/ACT test fee waivers and possible college application waivers.
Archdiocese Safe-Environment Newsletter (pdf)
Updated March 2021
Please note the immunizations required by the State of Indiana for the 2021/2022 school year.
- Students in grades 9-12 are required to have 2 doses of Hepatitis A vaccine. The minimum interval between the first and second dose is 6 months.
- Every incoming Senior in the Class of 2022 is required to have 2 doses of MCV4 (Meningococcal) vaccine prior to the start of his/her Senior year. Please Note: individuals who receive dose 1 on or after the 16th birthday only need 1 dose of MCV4, per the Indiana State guidelines.
If your child has not received these, please make arrangements to get these vaccines and forward proof of immunization. County Health Departments can assist with these vaccinations.
Your student may bring immunization documentation to the Nursing office, or documents can be faxed to: 317-251-3648, Attention Nursing. Address any questions to the School Nursing Office at 317-251-1451 ext. 2245, or email one of the addresses listed below:
Jeanne Agostino (email@example.com) or Monica Meyer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Bishop Chatard High School school building is known to have asbestos containing building materials (ACBM) in various locations that are maintained in a safe condition with ongoing surveillance, re-inspections, and an ongoing operations and maintenance program according to law.
The INPEA is anticipating a somewhat contentious 2019 Indiana legislative session that may include challenges to programs important to Catholic schools. Visit www.inpea.org for more information.