Bishop Chatard is a dynamic educational environment for young men and women with different life experiences, is directed to the success of each student, focused on the growth of the whole person, and modeled on the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church. Bishop Chatard High School prepares students for a life-long commitment to faith, learning, leadership and service. Bishop Chatard High School is also a Department of Education “A Rated” and “AP Distinguished” school. We currently have these job openings.
Campus Ministry Assistant
Posted July 23, 2021
Bishop Chatard High School Department of Campus Ministry seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Campus Ministry Administrative Assistant. The Campus Ministry Administrative Assistant advances the mission of the school through ministerial, administrative, and clerical assistance to and collaboration with the Executive Director of Mission Integration and the Associate Director of Campus Ministry. The Campus Ministry Administrative Assistant reports directly to, and is supervised and evaluated by the Executive Director of Mission Integration. The Administrative Assistant:
- serves as a witness of faith and ministers directly to students, leading them to deeper love of Christ and others;
- assists retreat directors with preparing for, communicating about, and executing all retreats;
- prepares for Christian Service Immersions, liturgies, prayer services, and other programming throughout the year;
- communicates on behalf of the Department of Campus Ministry to student body and school community;
- manages office supplies, equipment, events, and services for Campus Ministry;
- provides administrative and clerical support for the Department of Campus Ministry.
Candidates with experience in Catholic ministry (as a volunteer or in a paid position), a background in clerical and administrative work, a passion for working with high school students, and the ability to begin immediately are preferred. This is a part-time position, 3 school days per week (15-20 hours per week) with some occasional weekend work related to retreats. Submit resume, cover letter, list of three references, and any questions to Libbie Steiner, Executive Director of Mission Integration, at Lsteiner@bishopchatard.org.
American Sign Language Teacher
Posted July 20, 2021
Bishop Chatard High School is seeking a dynamic educator to teach American Sign Language (Level I, Level II, and Level III) beginning immediately. The ideal candidate will have a knowledge of American Sign Language, a willingness to build relationships with students, and promote the mission of Bishop Chatard High School.
Candidates should possess:
- Ability to teach two levels of American Sign Language; teaching experience strongly preferred, but not required
- Commitment to the school’s core values of life-long commitment to faith, learning, leadership, and service
- Interest in collaborating with world language colleagues on curriculum, assessment, and professional development
- Background check and current authorization to be employed in the U.S. required
Interested candidates should contact Principal Joe Hansen at 317-251-1451, ext. 1900 or via email at email@example.com.
Posted July 19, 2021
Bishop Chatard High School is seeking a full time Theology teacher for the 2021-2022 school-year. Prospective candidates should have a passion for their faith and the mission of Bishop Chatard High School. Qualified candidates should hold a degree in Theology from an accredited institution and be a practicing Roman Catholic. Applicants should be committed to being a highly effective teacher in a college-preparatory, one-to-one technology rich environment.
- Supporting the mission of Bishop Chatard High School and commit to diligently working in support of the academic and spiritual development of all students.
- Working with colleagues to effectively develop lesson plans that deliver rigorous and engaging Theology lessons.
- Using technology for lesson delivery and record keeping.
- Communicating effectively with students, parents, and administration.
- Establishing a positive classroom learning environment that sets high expectations for students.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Joe Hansen, Principal
Bishop Chatard High School
5885 Crittenden Avenue,
Indianapolis, IN 46220
317-251-1451, ext. 1900
Cafeteria Cook – 2 positions
Posted May 27, 2021
BCHS has 2 openings for this position. This is a full time-up to 40 hours a week. Duties include:
Goal: To provide nutritious, well prepared food for the School Lunch Program.
- Prior Cooking experience preferred
- Ability to adhere to safe food handling & preparation skills
- Must be able to able to lift up to 40lbs
- Must be able to withstand temperatures of hot and cold
- Must be able to to work on one’s feet for long periods
- Prepare Food In a Safe & Sanitary Manner
- Maintain a Positive Interaction with Students and Staff
- Follow Standardized recipes
- Clean work area and cleaning duties as assigned
- Log & Record Food Amounts Prepared and Leftover
- Follow Health and Sanitation Guidelines
- Maintain Stock and Put Away Truck Delivery
- Clean and Sanitize Dishes
- Perform other duties as assigned
If interested, please contact Michael Dlugosz, BCHS Cafeteria Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-251-1451, Ext. 2240.
Posted May 27, 2021
Hours for this position are 9:30 AM-2:30 PM Monday-Friday. Duties include:
- Prepping & cooking food including frying, baking, & assembling
- Responsible for washing & sanitizing trays, pots, pans, and utensils
- Cleaning/sanitizing equipment, Cafeteria tables, sweeping, and mopping
- Stock refrigerator, freezer, and pantry items
The successful applicant must be able to stand for a prolonged period of time, be and able to lift up to 30 pounds and have the ability to withstand hot & cold temperature extremes. Prior experience is a plus. If interested, please contact Michael Dlugosz, BCHS Cafeteria Director, at email@example.com or 317-251-1451, Ext. 2240.
Trojan Tot Preschool Substitute Teacher
Trojan Tots Preschool is looking for substitute teachers. Candidates must be flexible and willing to work with children ages 0-5. Please contact Jackie White, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.