Welcome to the BCHS Music Program
Bishop Chatard offers student musicians the opportunity to learn and showcase their talents through participation in the school Concert Band, Concert Choir and A Capella Choir.
All students interested in learning more about the performing arts at Bishop Chatard are encouraged to contact the school.
BCHS 2018/2019 Music Courses
Music Theory: AP
Music History: History of Rock & Roll
Applied Music: Strings
Applied Music: Beginning Guitar, Advanced Guitar
Concert Band, Concert Band Honors
Chorus, Chorus Honors
A Cappella Choir
Piano and Electronic Keyboard: Beginning & Advanced
View Full Course Descriptions in our Course Catalog
2018-19 Musical Performances
- August 30, 2018
- Freshman Grandparent’s Mass (all ensembles)
- September 19, 2018
- Annual Fund Dinner (all ensembles)
- September 21, 2018
- Football Game (band)
- September 24, 2018
- North Deanery Music Faculty Meeting
- September 27, 2018
- Catholic High School Choral Festival, Marian U.
- October 3, 2018
- Living Rosary
- October 5, 2018
- October 16, 2018
- Spring Trip Kickoff Meeting
- October 29, 2018
- INPEC Mass at St. John the Evangelist (all choirs)
- October 30, 2018
- BCHS Open House (all ensembles)
- November 12, 2018:
- Veterans Day Concert, 7 p.m., BCHS gym (all ensembles)
- November 20, 2018
- Deadline for ISSMA Solo & Ensemble Festival entries
December 13, 2018: Christmas Concert, (all ensembles). 7:00 p.m. in the main gym. Admission is free.
- January 26, 2019
- ISSMA District Vocal/Piano, Solo & Ensemble Festival
- February 2, 2019
- ISSMA District Wind/Percussion/String, Solo & Ensemble Festival
- February 9, 2019
- CYO Music Contest @ Bishop Chatard
- February 16, 2019
- ISSMA State Vocal/Piano Solo & Ensemble Festival
- Chatard-A-Bration (all ensembles)
- February 23, 2019
- ISSMA State Wind/Percussion/String Solo & Ensemble Festival
- March 9, 2019
- Pueri Cantores Choral Festival at Sts. Peter & Paul Cathedral
- March 21-23, 2019
- Spring Musical, BCHS gym
- April 26, 2019
- Talent Show, BCHS gym
- May 3-4, 2019
- Music Dept. Trip to Cedar Point, St. John Church & Rock ‘N’ Roll Hall of Fame
- May 6, 2019
- Celebration of the Arts, Spring Concert, 7 p.m., BCHS gym (all ensembles)
- May 16, 2019
- Baccalaureate Mass (all ensembles)
- May 19, 2019
Jillian Hurley, Adam Pemberton and Emily Boon earned Gold Medals in the regional ISSMA Music Competition in Jan/Feb. 2018. Jillian won the gold for her vocal solo; Adam for his piano solo and Emily for her flute solo. Emily will compete at the ISSMA state competition on February 24.
Emily Boon auditioned and was chosen by the New World Youth Symphony as the second chair in their Philharmonic Orchestra. She also was the only high school student in the pit orchestra for the summer stock production of ‘Pippin’at Park Tudor. Read the full story in The-Blueprint.org, the student news website.
The BCHS band and choir each took 1st Place in their categories in the Smoky Mountain Music Festival in Gatlinburg, Tenn, Spring 2017.
Emily Boon, freshman, was the outstanding flutist at the CYO music contest on Feb. 11, 2017.
Jillian Hurley, freshman, was the overall vocal winner in the High School division of the CYO music contest on Feb. 11, 2017.
Erik Compton, Jack Lockrem, Robbie Tebbe, and Zach Elcesser received gold ratings at the January 2016 ISSMA District Solo & Ensemble contest!
BCHS students Colleen Curry, Rebecca Doyle, and St. John Jefferson traveled to New York City to perform at Carnegie Hall with the Indianapolis Youth Chorale and National Festival Chorus on May 10, 2015. The group performed 10 pieces and received a standing ovation.
Exciting sounds are happening in the BCHS Music Department. Would you like to be a part of them? Consider helping out via the BCHS Music Booster Club. Contact Music Director Mark Duray at email@example.com