Transfer Student Information
Bishop Chatard High School welcomes transfer students. Each student requesting to transfer will be reviewed on an individual basis. Applications for admission of transfer students should be made 30 days in advance of the proposed entrance date.
Experience life as a ‘Trojan for a Day’ through our shadowing program. Every prospective student is encouraged to participate in a shadow day to become acquainted with BCHS.Signup to Shadow
Bishop Chatard accepts transfer students provided:
- The student is not entering his or her senior year unless he or she is moving into the area from outside Indianapolis, the school he or she was attending closed, or another valid reason as determined by the admissions committee and approved by the principal.
- The student was not dismissed from his or her previous school for major disciplinary reasons.
- The parents do not have outstanding financial obligations to the student’s previous school.
- Parents agree to request a copy of the student’s full disciplinary record from the previous school and, along with the student, meet with the Director of School Counseling, Vice Principal of Academics, and the Vice President of Institutional Advancement for an interview.
- Parents agree to have the student tested for substance abuse prior to admission to Bishop Chatard.
The transfer application process consists of two parts:
Submission of the online application and required documents
The following 2 documents need to be completed and turned in to your student’s CURRENT school for them to complete and return to BCHS.
The required documents below can be uploaded while filling out the online application:
- Birth Certificate
- A copy of unofficial transcript
- A list of current courses & grades, if applicable
- A letter of recommendation from his/her current or most recent administrator and/or counselor
- A student statement, in his/her own handwriting, detailing the reasons why he/she wishes to transfer to Bishop Chatard High School.
- A completed Student Drug Testing Permission Form. A drug screening is required. The cost of this is covered by the applicant. An admissions decision is pending until drug testing results are received.
>>Read the BCHS Drug & Alcohol Policy, Section 7 in the student handbook
- Recent psycho-educational testing results, if applying for academic support.
An interview prior to admission
NOTE: An interview will not be scheduled until all documents are received.
Financial Aid Application, if desired
An optional financial aid application can be filled out separately. Deadline for the application to be included in the pool considered for BCHS 2021-22 financial aid awards is Dec. 7, 2020.
>>Read how to apply for financial aid.