Transfer Student Information
Bishop Chatard High School welcomes transfer students. Each student requesting to transfer will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- The deadline for application to be considered for admission in January 2023 is November 11, 2022.
- The deadline for application to be considered for admission for the 2023-2024 school year is April 1, 2023.
Bishop Chatard accepts transfer students provided:
- The student is not entering his or her senior year unless he or she is moving into the area from outside Indianapolis, the school he or she was attending closed, or another valid reason as determined by the admissions committee and approved by the principal.
- The student was not dismissed from his or her previous school for major disciplinary reasons.
- The parents do not have outstanding financial obligations to the student’s previous school.
- Parents agree to request a copy of the student’s full disciplinary record from the previous school and, along with the student, meet with the Director of School Counseling, Director of Academics, and the Vice President of Institutional Advancement for an interview.
- Parents agree to have the student tested for substance abuse prior to admission to Bishop Chatard.
Application as a transfer students consists of 2 parts, the online application and the required documentation. After the application is complete and we receive all documents, we will contact you for the next step in the process.
Online ApplicationAPPLY HERE
- Applications will be made through our PowerSchool Enrollment software. You will need to create a new PowerSchool account, even if you already have a PowerSchool Parent Portal account at another school or at Bishop Chatard.
- Once you click ‘Submit’ in the online portal, edits or additions to the application can only be made by contacting the Enrollment Department.
- The application can be submitted without the required documents, but the application is not complete until all required documents have been received.
- If you don’t have an electronic copy of a document, paper copies can be mailed to Bishop Chatard High School, Attn: Enrollment Office, 5885 Crittenden Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46220
- Deadline for application to be considered for admission in January 2023 is November 11, 2022.
- Deadline for application to be considered for admission for the 2023-2024 school year is April 1, 2023.
Completed documents can be uploaded while filling out the online application above, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Bishop Chatard High School, ATTN: Enrollment, 5885 Crittenden Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46220.
- Birth Certificate
- A copy of unofficial transcript
- A list of current courses & grades, if applicable
- A letter of recommendation from his/her current or most recent administrator and/or counselor
- A student statement, in his/her own handwriting, detailing the reasons why he/she wishes to transfer to Bishop Chatard High School.
- If applying for academic support: most recent ISP, IEP, CSEP or 504 and psycho-educational testing results
- A drug screening is required. The cost of this is covered by the applicant. An admissions decision is pending until drug testing results are received. Section 7 in the the Student Handbook explains the BCHS Drug & Alcohol Policy.
- This form needs to submitted to BCHS AND the student’s CURRENT school
- This form needs to be submitted to just the student’s CURRENT school. That school will then complete the form and return it to BCHS.
Financial Aid Application, if desired
An optional financial aid application can be filled out separately. Deadline for the application to be included in the pool considered for BCHS 2023-24 financial aid awards is Dec. 15, 2022 for families with an incoming freshman and March 15, 2023 for families without an incoming freshman.
>> Go to financial aid information.
Don’t hesitate to contact Karen Aruta, Enrollment Manager, at email@example.com or phone 317-251-1451, Ext. 2234 with any questions you may have. We are here to help.
All schools and parishes under the guidance of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Indianapolis admit students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletics and other school-administered programs.