Check back in early fall as school begins for our current Student Meetings.
Bishop Chatard High School offers over 40 clubs and organizations that encourage students to get involved in diverse activities. Focusing on student government, service, faith formation, outdoor activities and more, there is something for everyone!
Opportunities for peer counseling, as well as after-school study tables, are provided regularly at Bishop Chatard.
Teachers are available in their classrooms during Zero Period first thing in the morning to provide assistance to any student who seeks it.
2019-2020 BreakfastBreakfast at BCHS is served Tuesday - Friday, beginning at 7:15 a.m. and Monday, beginning at 8:15 a.m., at the landing inside Door #10. Students can use their lunch codes to purchase items. VIEW BREAKFAST MENU
Breakfast "Meal Deal"Breakfast Meal Deal consists of at least 3 but up to 4 of any of the following items: Milk, juice, fruit and breakfast biscuit/muffin.
- $2.00 for students; $2.50 for adults
- Free or reduced school meals program: students receive that benefit for breakfast too ($.30 for reduced price)
- Ala carte items will be available for purchase at various prices. See Breakfast Menu above for those prices.
2019-2020 LunchStudents may bring a lunch or lunch may be purchased from the school cafeteria using cash, check or Bishop Chatard's online payment system, MyMealTime.com. VIEW LUNCH MENU
Lunch Details and MealsThe Meal Deal, a selection from several main courses and side options, costs $3.25 ('B' Meal: $3.75, Super Meal Deal $4.25) The "Grab & Go" area features a variety of lunch items including grilled, buffalo, or fried chicken sandwiches, cheeseburgers, hamburgers, various entrees, salads, wraps, penne pasta with sauce, school pizza and other enticing selections. A salad bar is also available.
Paying for Lunches
Pay online at MyMealtimeNEW! Read about their mobile app to manage your account FAQs about MyMealTime at BCHS
Pay by cash or check
- Cash or check (payable to Bishop Chatard) in an envelope with student's name, grade and ATTN: Michael Dlugosz. Bring to the school receptionist or mail to: Bishop Chatard High School, Attn: Michael Dlugosz, 5885 Crittenden Ave, Indianapolis IN 46220. Please do not mail cash.
- Check or cash at any cashier station in the cafeteria during the lunch periods. Change from cash will be returned on all days except Monday. No change will be given on Mondays. The change from all money handed to the cashier on Monday will enter into the student's account.
Free/Reduced School Meals ProgramIf you feel you might qualify for Free or Reduced school meals, application for this program can be made online through MyMealTime. (Paper applications are also available.) Questions? Contact Michael Dlugosz, Cafeteria Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-251-1451, Ext. 2240. Read about the Free/Reduced School Meal Program and Application This institution is an equal opportunity provider. USDA Child Nutrition Program Non-Discrimination Statement
Summer ProgramsThe Summer Food Program for Children (SFSP) serves meals to children when the National School Lunch/Breakfast Program is not available during the summer. 2018 locations for the program will be published in May/June. Visit doe.in.gov for program details.
Bell SchedulesVisit The-Blueprint.org for bell schedules for the current week
- Bishop Chatard is open to students by 6:45 a.m. each day.
- Tuesday-Friday the first bell rings at 7:45; class begins at 7:50 a.m.
- Monday the first bell rings at 8:50; class begins at 8:55 a.m.
- Monday-Thursday school ends at 3:15 p.m. On Friday school is dismissed at 2:10 p.m.
- Zero Period: Tuesday through Friday (not Monday) from 7:20-7:50 a.m. All teachers will be in their classrooms and available to help students.
- BCHS provides supervision of students in the library until 4:30 p.m.. each day. A licensed teacher is available in the library for academic support.
- Students are not allowed in the hallways or gymnasiums, M-Th after 3:30 p.m. and on Friday after 2:30 p.m.
|Block A||7:50 - 8:50|
|Block C||11:35 - 1:05|
|Block D||1:10 - 2:10|
|Block E||2:15 - 3:15|
|'A' Lunch||11:35 - 11:58|
|'B' Lunch||12:08 - 12:31|
|'C' Lunch||12:41 - 1:05|
|Block A||7:50 - 8:40|
|Block C||11:05 - 11:55|
|Block D||12:00 - 1:25|
|Block E||1:30 - 2:20|
|Block F||2:25 - 3:15|
|'A' Lunch||12:00 - 12:22|
|'B' Lunch||12:32 - 12:54|
|'C' Lunch||1:04 - 1:25|
|Block A||9:50 - 10:45|
|'A' Lunch||11:50 - 12:12|
|'B' Lunch||12:22 - 12:44|
|'C' Lunch||12:54 - 1:15|
|Block A||9:50 - 10:35|
|Block B||10:40 - 11:25|
|Block C||11:30 - 12:15|
|Block D||12:20 - 1:40|
|Block E||1:45 - 2:30|
|Block F||2:35 - 3:15|
|'A' Lunch||12:20 - 12:40|
|'B' Lunch||12:50 - 1:10|
|'C' Lunch||1:20 - 1:40|
|Block A||9:50 - 10:30|
|Block B||10:35 - 11:15|
|Block C||11:20 - 12:40|
|Block D||12:45 - 1:25|
|Block E||1:30 - 2:10|
|'A' Lunch||11:20 - 11:40|
|'B' Lunch||11:50 - 12:10|
|'C' Lunch||12:20 - 12:40|
|Block A||7:50 - 8:45|
|'A' Lunch||11:50 - 12:12|
|'B' Lunch||12:22 - 12:44|
|'C' Lunch||12:54 - 1:16|
Harassment can result from a single incident or from a pattern of behavior in which the purpose or effect is to create a hostile, offensive, or intimidating environment. Harassment encompasses a broad range of verbal or physical behavior that can include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Physical or mental abuse, bullying, hazing, shunning
- Direct or indirect threats, intimidation, assault
- Racial or religious insults
- Derogatory ethnic slurs
- Sexual comments or sexual jokes
- Sexual advances
- Touching of a sexual nature (caressing)
- Graffiti of a sexual nature
- Displaying or distributing sexually explicit drawings, pictures and written material
- Sexual gestures
- Touching oneself sexually or talking about one’s sexual activity in front of others
- Using websites as a vehicle for any type of physical or mental abuse
- Spreading rumors about or rating other students as to sexual activity or performance.