Welcome to eLearning at Bishop Chatard
We use many online tools to support learning. Here are a few of our most important academic systems:
E-Learning Day At BCHSBishop Chatard High School could potentially utilize the option of an eLearning day for missed school days, such as snow days. In the event that this would occur, the school building will be closed.
- Students are required to utilize their iPad or other electronic device and complete course content in Canvas.
- Learning for the student will continue as close as possible as it would on a regular school day.
- Students should log in to Canvas early in the day to begin class work.
What should a student do?
- Utilize Canvas for class instructional material. Login early but after 9:00 a.m..
- The course schedule for the day will be followed. That schedule can be found on the front page of The-Blueprint.org
Go to The-Blueprint.org
- Students are required to complete an attendance form for each class. Each teacher will post the attendance form on their Canvas page by 9 a.m. Attendance forms must be completed by 1:00 p.m. Failure to complete the attendance form will result in a student being marked unexcused for that particular class and work submitted will not receive credit.
- Students are required to complete and submit all coursework as defined by the teacher.
- Student work will be graded and recorded in Powerschool. Work is due at the date/time defined by the teacher.
- All teachers will be available for questions between 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. via email or Canvas discussion board. Teachers will respond to student questions within one hour.
What will a teacher do on an eLearning Day?
- Teachers will have learning objectives, course content and the attendance form posted by 9 a.m.
- Teachers will be available between the hours of 9 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. for student support. Teachers will make every effort to answer questions within one hour.
- Teachers will grade student work and enter in Powerschool in a timely fashion.
What if a student is ill on an eLearning Day?
Parents: If your child is ill, please follow normal attendance protocol. Information can be found on the Bishop Chatard website: View procedure
How can students prepare for an eLearning Day?
Be certain you know how to access Canvas from home.
Check your ipad. Can it be charged? Is it operating correctly?
If you need assistance with your iPad or home internet access, please see the tech counter.
Ask a teacher if you have any additional questions.
PowerSchoolPowerSchool stores all of our student information: family information, grades, and transcripts. Students and parents have access to PowerSchool as their source for up-to-date information on student performance.
Collaborative Learning Center, Library Research DatabaseAll students have access to an online library database through the Marion Count Internet Library as a great reference and research resource. BCHS students can also access an electronic card catalog and make hold requests of BCHS library books through the ‘DestinyQuest’ app on their iPads. e-Books can be read via their Follett’s Reader app.
Coming Soon — Link to the Internet Library
Collaborative Learning Center FAQs
MobileServe Service Hour Reporting AppAll service hours are reported online via our MobileServe app. Students can use the app via iPad or cell phone to record hours at the location of the service. Students can also access announcements of service opportunities and a calendar for upcoming events in MobileServe.
Naviance Student College & CareersNaviance is a comprehensive college and career readiness solution that helps students align their strengths and interests to postsecondary goals and college matches. This can be used for completing personality and career assessments and searching for colleges.
Digital Learning ToolsOur teachers use a variety of online tools to support their instruction. These tools are Web-based, so that students can access them from anywhere. This helps students spend extra time on learning at home or on the road. Our toolkit includes ALEKS for math, Khan Academy, Duolingo, Kahoot!, CK12, IXL.com and Albert Academy. We select learning tools that are engaging, fun, and augment our students’ classroom experience effectively.
My Meal TimeBCHS uses MyMealTime.com for our families’ convenience in the payment of lunches. It is not required. BCHS sets up an account and personal PIN number for each student. Money can be added to a student’s account online, as well as viewing account history and balance remaining. Applications for Free-Reduced Lunch benefits can also be made through MyMealTime.com.
SchoolMessengerSchool Messenger is the phone and text messaging system BCHS uses to contact parents for urgent announcements, such as school closings due to weather. Phone numbers in PowerSchool are used to send these messages.
SafeArrival Absence ReportingSafeArrival, a part of School Messenger, is used to report student absences during the school year. Parents can report absences via a phone number, website or app.
Directory SpotThis app displays the current BCHS student directory. It includes names, phones and addresses of students and mother/father phones. Questions? Contact Allison Mayer, email@example.com or 317-251-1451, Ext. 2248
Parchment - eTranscript ExchangeFor current students and BCHS alumni graduating in 2007 or later: Electronic transcripts can be requested and sent via Parchment. Contact your guidance counselor for specific instructions. Alumni graduating in 2006 or earlier: use this form to request a transcript.
Trojan Tech CounterMake the friendly BCHS Trojan Tech Counter in the school cafeteria your first stop! Tyler Moore, the school’s Tech Support Specialist, is at the counter during the hours listed below to provide assistance.
Monday: 8:30-9; 11:05 until the end of lunch; 3:15-3:30.
Tues-Thurs: 7:30-8; 11:05 until the end of lunch; 3:15-3:30.
Friday: 7:30-8; 11:05 until the end of lunch; 2:15-2:30.
Or, call the counter at 317-251-1451, Ext. 1882
Meet the Technology Staff
Other Technology Help Contacts
Tyler Moore, Trojan Tech Counter
317-251-1451, Ext. 1882
317-251-1451, Ext. 2238