Welcome to eLearning at Bishop Chatard
We use many online tools to support learning. Here are a few of our most important academic systems:
E-Learning At BCHSBishop Chatard High School could potentially utilize the option of eLearning for missed school days, such as snow days. In the event that this would occur, the school building will be closed.
- Teachers will have everything you need to complete placed in Canvas by 9:00 a.m. You will need to check all of your classes by 10:00 a.m. Plan to work through your school day at your own pace and on your own schedule. You will only have classes that were regularly scheduled for the normal in-person school day.
- You are required to complete an attendance form for each class. Each teacher will post the attendance form via a Google form or Canvas Quiz on their Canvas page. Failure to complete the form will result in being marked unexcused for that particular class and work submitted will not receive credit.
- You are required to complete and submit all coursework as defined by the teacher. Pay attention to deadlines, they might be different for each teacher. Student work will be graded and recorded in Powerschool.
- All teachers will be available for questions between 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. via email or Canvas discussion board. Teachers will respond to student questions within one hour.
PowerSchoolPowerSchool stores all of our student information: family information, grades, and transcripts. Students and parents have access to PowerSchool as their source for up-to-date information on student performance.
Collaborative Learning Center, Library Research DatabaseAll students have access to an online library database through the Marion Count Internet Library as a great reference and research resource. BCHS students can also access an electronic card catalog and make hold requests of BCHS library books through the ‘DestinyQuest’ app on their iPads. e-Books can be read via their Follett’s Reader app.
MobileServe Service Hour Reporting AppAll service hours are reported online via our MobileServe app. Students can use the app via iPad or cell phone to record hours at the location of the service. Students can also access announcements of service opportunities and a calendar for upcoming events in MobileServe.
Scoir College & Careers SoftwareScoir streamlines the process of requesting, processing, sending and tracking the electronic delivery of all college application-related documents. More importantly, it’s very helpful for students and parents during the college search and selection process.
Digital Learning ToolsOur teachers use a variety of online tools to support their instruction. These tools are Web-based, so that students can access them from anywhere. This helps students spend extra time on learning at home or on the road. Our toolkit includes Padlet, ALEKS for math, Khan Academy, Duolingo, Kahoot!, CK12, IXL.com and Albert Academy. We select learning tools that are engaging, fun, and augment our students’ classroom experience effectively.
My Meal TimeBCHS uses MyMealTime.com for our families’ convenience in the payment of lunches. It is not required. BCHS sets up an account and personal PIN number for each student. Money can be added to a student’s account online, as well as viewing account history and balance remaining. Applications for Free-Reduced Lunch benefits can also be made through MyMealTime.com.
SchoolMessengerSchool Messenger is the phone and text messaging system BCHS uses to contact parents for urgent announcements, such as school closings due to weather. Phone numbers in PowerSchool are used to send these messages.
SafeArrival Absence ReportingSafeArrival, a part of School Messenger, is used to report student absences during the school year. Parents can report absences via a phone number, website or app.
Parchment - eTranscript ExchangeFor current students and BCHS alumni graduating in 2007 or later: Electronic transcripts can be requested and sent via Parchment. Contact your guidance counselor for specific instructions. Alumni graduating in 2006 or earlier: use this form to request a transcript.
Trojan Tech CounterMake the friendly BCHS Trojan Tech Counter in the school cafeteria your first stop! Tyler Moore, the school’s Director of Technology, is at the counter during the hours listed below to provide assistance.
Weekdays while school is in session: 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Or, call the counter at 317-251-1451, Ext. 1882
Meet the Technology Staff
Other Technology Help Contacts
Tyler Moore, Trojan Tech Counter
317-251-1451, Ext. 1882
317-251-1451, Ext. 2238
On iOS 13.7: Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Gmail>Reset Password
On iOS 14.0: Got to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Gmail > Reset Password
Students: Having a problem with your Apple ID and not their email? You need to see
the Tech Counter or to Email GetHelp@bishopchatard.org.
- iPad and Tech Questions for Parents (pdf)
- Frozen iPad? Directions on how to reset
- Top 3 iPad Troubleshooting Tips
- Using Sketchnotes
- How to format an essay in Google Docs
- How to cite sources in MLA
- How to submit Google Docs to Canvas
- How to submit PDFs to Canvas
- How to submit a discussion post to Canvas
- How to submit screenshots/pictures to Canvas
- How to submit a text box assignment to Canvas
- How to submit iMovies to Canvas