Seven student artists at Bishop Chatard High School were awarded numerous awards in the 2020 Central and Southern Indiana Regional Scholastic Art Competition. Twelve works of art were chosen for distinction.
All Gold Key awarded works of art will continue onto New York to be adjudicated for National Awards.
Winning works of art are shown at the bottom of this page.
Gold Key Awards
- Senior Rachael Brown: two Gold Key Awards, mixed media works
- Grace Timpe: Gold Key Award, mixed media work
Silver Key Awards
- Senior Wyatt Prather: mixed media work
- Rachel Brown: mixed media work
- Senior Kim Bowers: mixed media work
- Junior Hangying (Arie) Li: two Honorable Mentions, two sculptures
- Senior Lottie Ogorek: two Honorable Mentions, photography
- Wyatt Prather: Honorable Mention, mixed media work
- Senior Jacob Szydlyk: Honorable Mention, mixed media work
Art Works on Display: March 18 – 22, Awards Ceremony: March 22
Bishop Chatard Gold and Silver Key works will be on display at the Butler Arts & Events Center, Clowes Memorial Hall. The ART.WRITE.NOW. Central & Southern Indiana Regional Exhibit of the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards will be open at 11:00 a.m. daily from Tuesday, March 18, through Sunday, March 22, 2020.
The Scholastic Visions and Voices Awards Ceremony will be held on Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 2:00 PM 2020, in the outer lobby areas of Clowes Memorial Hall and the Howard L. Schrott Center for the Arts.
Over 3,000 students submitted works for the 2020 competition. Less than 600 were chosen for awards.
Works were judged by esteemed regional artists and educators. Judges awarded student works based on the following criteria:
- Originality: Work that breaks from convention, blurs the boundaries between genres, and challenges notions of how a particular concept or emotion can be expressed.
- Technical Skill: Work that uses technique to advance an original perspective or a personal vision or voice, and shows skills being utilized to create something unique, powerful, and innovative.
- Emergence of a Personal Vision or Voice: Work with an authentic and unique point of view and style.
The Central/Southern Indiana Art and Writing Region includes the counties of Bartholomew, Boone, Brown, Clay, Clinton, Daviess, Decatur, Delaware, Dubois, Fayette, Fountain, Gibson, Greene, Hamilton, Hancock, Harrison, Hendricks, Henry, Jackson, Jefferson, Jennings, Johnson, Knox, Lawrence, Madison, Marion, Martin, Monroe, Montgomery, Morgan, Orange, Owen, Parke, Perry, Pike, Posey, Putnam, Randolph, Rush, Scott, Shelby, Spencer, Sullivan, Tippecanoe, Tipton, Union, Vanderburgh, Vermillion, Vigo, Warren, Warrick, Wayne.
2020 Scholastic Art Competition Award Winners
Click on photo to view full work