Where to find Business Office ItemsBelow is a list of common business office items you may be looking for:
Financial Aid Appointments
All families receiving BCHS financial aid or those applying for vouchers or SGO financial aid must begin the process by August 1 with the Business Office.
Online appointments for May to August 1 are now open.
Schedule an Appointment
Financial Aid At BCHS
Bishop Chatard is committed to assisting any student who desires a strong Catholic education. Our administration recognizes the financial commitment a family makes when choosing Bishop Chatard, and we strive to reduce the impact affordability has in the school choice equation. Financial aid is available to families who qualify.
Families seeking financial aid from Bishop Chatard are required to submit a BCHS financial aid application through FACTS to begin the process. Financial aid awards are made annually, and a new application must be submitted each school year that assistance is sought. All financial aid provided by Bishop Chatard is based on need as determined by an independent service or criteria set by the state or granting organization, with a review by the Bishop Chatard Financial Aid Committee.How to Apply for BCHS Financial Aid
During the 2018-2019 school year, 46 percent of our students received some form of financial aid.
Indiana Vouchers and SGOs
All families who receive a BCHS financial aid award must also complete applications for Indiana Choice Scholarship (vouchers) and tax credit scholarships (SGOs), according to their deadlines. Applications are completed through Bishop Chatard High School. Financial aid appointments with the BCHS Business Office begin the voucher and SGO application process. These appointments occur during the summer months — June through August.
Bishop Chatard High School reserves the right to request any further documentation, including copies of divorce decrees and agreements with non-custodial parents, tax records, etc.
- BCHS financial aid is applied only to tuition. Other fees, including the capital assessment fee, must be paid in full.
- Students are expected to maintain good attendance and disciplinary records and should achieve academic success commensurate with their ability and potential. Parents of students who are placed on academic or disciplinary probation will be informed that they may lose their financial aid award unless the student’s performance improves.
- If there are extenuating circumstances that are not taken into consideration by the FACTS Financial Aid Application or the federal tax records, applicants are encouraged to submit a letter or email explaining the circumstances. All letters should be submitted to the BCHS tuition office.
- Parents have the obligation to inform the school of any changes in their financial situation that could affect the award level.
In order to prevent the withdrawal of a student(s) from the school for that year, parents can contact the business office for more information about emergency assistance.
If you have not filed for financial aid for the current school year, you will be required to do this before obtaining emergency aid.
This funding resource is intended to provide assistance for the current school year only, and should the circumstances extend beyond that year, parents must apply for financial aid through the regular process
BCHS Financial Aid Application: Required for anyone seeking BCHS financial aid
Voucher & SGO Applications: Required if you have been awarded BCHS financial aid but open to all who qualify
Citizenship Grants: Open to all students receiving financial aid
BCHS Financial Aid Application Instructions for 2019/2020 Aid
- All applications are made online at our personalized FACTS website.
- If you have a FACTS account through another school, you must use the specific BCHS FACTS account link to apply for BCHS financial aid. (Click on the FACTS logo or the blue button.) HOWEVER, you can use the same username and password you have with your other school’s accounts to login to the BCHS account.
- Remember your FACTS login credentials as FACTS accounts are also used throughout a student’s career for tuition payment and subsequent year’s financial aid applications.
If you need assistance applying online, please contact Karen Feeney, Tuition Manager, at email@example.com or 317-251-1451, Ext. 2238.
Deadlines for 2019/2020 Aid
Class of 2023 Incoming Freshman – Dec 10, 2018 deadline: All families (new and returning families) with an incoming freshman must complete the Financial Aid Application through FACTS no later than December 10, 2018, to guarantee inclusion in the pool considered for Bishop Chatard financial aid for the 2019-20 school year.
Returning Families with no Incoming Freshman or Transfer Student Families with no Incoming Freshman – March 10, 2019: All returning families that do not have an incoming freshman and all transfer student families without an incoming freshman must complete the Financial Aid Application through FACTS no later than March 10, 2019, to guarantee inclusion in the pool considered for Bishop Chatard financial aid for the 2019-20 school year.
Notification of Awards
Incoming Freshmen: You will be notified of your awards as part of your acceptance packet, in February, if you have met the application deadlines.
Returning Students: You will be notified of your awards in mid-May, if you have met the application deadlines.
Transfer Students: You will be notified of your awards as part of your acceptance packet.
Required SGO & Voucher Applications
All families seeking financial assistance are required to schedule a Financial Aid Appointment with the BCHS Business Office to begin these voucher and SGO applications. These appointments are held during the summer months from mid-May through August 1.
All students who receive financial aid can apply for a Citizenship Grant.
Money earned through these hours (formerly called work study) during the summer and school year is then applied to the student’s tuition bill. Awards are announced in May.
We are currently focusing on summer opportunities for the Citizenship Grants. Each session will be two weeks, Monday through Thursday, for 60 hours total. Sessions are:
- 5/28 – 6/6 Session 1 – Tech help
- 6/3 – 6/13 Session 2 – Building/Grounds
- 6/17 – 6/27 Session 3 – Building/Grounds
- 7/8 – 7/18 Session 4 – Building/Grounds
- 7/22 – 8/1 Session 5 – Building/Grounds
- TBD – 2-3 week session – Session 6 – Locker Cleanup/Rotation
Important Dates for 2019/2020 School Year Financial Aid
- November 27, 2018: Attend the Financial Aid Information Night on Tuesday, Nov. 27, at 7 p.m. in Room 102. This important meeting is highly recommended for all BCHS families seeking additional information about financial aid. Information about tuition assistance and the application process will be presented, along with an opportunity to ask questions.
- February 4, 2019: Families in the above group will be notified of their financial aid awards for the 2019/2020 year if they have met the application deadlines. Late or incomplete applications or materials may result in a reduced financial award, if an award is granted.
- February 26, 2019: For all families: Registration deposits are due on this date. For incoming freshmen, this deposit also confirms your acceptance of the financial aid packet at BCHS.
- March 1 – April 1, 2019: Applications for Citizenship Grants (for students who receive financial aid) and Event Support Staff (for parents) will be available. Grants are announced in May.
To be guaranteed that you are included in the pool considered for BCHS financial aid awards for the 2019-2020 school year, your application must be submitted by March 10, 2019.
- Mid-May: Families in the above group will be notified of their financial aid awards for the 2019/2020 year if they have met the application deadlines. Late or incomplete applications or materials may result in a reduced financial award, if an award is granted.
- Mid-May -August 1 2019: Applications are taken for the Indiana Choice Scholarship Program (vouchers) and Tax Credit Scholarships (SGOs). These applications must be filed if you receive BCHS financial aid. The process begins with a mandatory Financial Aid Appointment with the BCHS Business Office. Register for an appointment.