Our next Business/Financial Aid Dates:
- Citizenship Grants/Summer Work Study Signup is open.
View Details & Signup Form
- Mid-May: Current families will be informed of their financial aid awards
- Late Spring/Summer: Applications open for Indiana School Choice and Tax Credit Scholarships
BCHS families have access to the following forms of financial assistance:
- Financial aid provided directly by Bishop Chatard through their financial aid funds
- Indiana School Choice Scholarships (commonly known as ‘vouchers’)
- Tax Credit Scholarships (TCS) via Scholarship Granting Organizations (SGO)
- BCHS Need-Based Tuition Assistance Grants
All financial aid provided by Bishop Chatard is based on need as determined by an independent service or criteria set by the state or granting organization, with a review by the Bishop Chatard Financial Aid Committee.
Bishop Chatard Financial Aid
Families seeking financial aid directly from Bishop Chatard are required to submit a BCHS financial aid application through FACTS to begin the process. Financial aid awards are made annually. A new application must be submitted each school year.How to Apply for Financial Aid
During the 2021-2022 school year, over 47 percent of our students received some form of financial aid.
Indiana School Choice Scholarships and Tax Credit Scholarships
Eligibility for these scholarships is based on criteria set by the state of Indiana. New guidelines beginning in 2021 have increased the number of families eligible. Applications are completed through Bishop Chatard High School during the summer. These are open to any qualifying family. Families receiving direct BCHS financial aid are required to apply for these scholarships, according to their deadlines.
Bishop Chatard High School reserves the right to request any further documentation, including copies of divorce decrees and agreements with non-custodial parents, tax records, etc.
- BCHS financial aid is applied only to tuition. Other fees, including the capital assessment fee, must be paid in full.
- Students are expected to maintain good attendance and disciplinary records and should achieve academic success commensurate with their ability and potential. Parents of students who are placed on academic or disciplinary probation will be informed that they may lose their financial aid award unless the student’s performance improves.
- If there are extenuating circumstances that are not taken into consideration by the FACTS Financial Aid Application or the federal tax records, applicants are encouraged to submit a letter or email explaining the circumstances. All letters should be submitted to the BCHS tuition office.
- Parents have the obligation to inform the school of any changes in their financial situation that could affect the award level.
In order to prevent the withdrawal of a student(s) from the school for that year, parents can contact the business office for more information about emergency assistance.
If you have not filed for financial aid for the current school year, you will be required to do this before obtaining emergency aid.
This funding resource is intended to provide assistance for the current school year only, and should the circumstances extend beyond that year, parents must apply for financial aid through the regular process
BCHS Financial Aid Application: Required for anyone seeking BCHS financial aid
Indiana School Choice & Tax Credit Scholarship Applications: Open to all eligible students. Required if you have been awarded BCHS financial aid.
Citizenship Grants: Open to all students receiving financial aid
BCHS Financial Aid Application Instructions
- All applications are made online at our personalized FACTS website.
- If you have a FACTS account through another school, you must use the specific BCHS FACTS account link to apply for BCHS financial aid. (Click on the FACTS logo or the blue button.) HOWEVER, you can use the same username and password you have with your other school’s accounts to login to the BCHS account.
- Remember your FACTS login credentials. FACTS accounts are also used throughout a student’s career for tuition payment and subsequent year’s financial aid applications.
Deadlines for 2022/2023 BCHS Financial Aid
Class of 2026 Incoming Freshman – Dec 13, 2021 deadline: All families (new and returning families) with an incoming freshman must complete the Financial Aid Application through FACTS no later than December 13, 2021, to guarantee inclusion in the pool considered for Bishop Chatard financial aid for the 2022-23 school year.
Returning Families with no Incoming Freshman or Transfer Student Families with no Incoming Freshman – March 10, 2022: All returning families that do not have an incoming freshman and all transfer student families without an incoming freshman must complete the Financial Aid Application through FACTS to guarantee inclusion in the pool considered for Bishop Chatard financial aid for the 2022-23 school year.
Notification of Awards
Incoming Freshmen: You will be notified of your awards as part of your acceptance packet, in early February, if you have met the application deadlines.
Returning Students: You will be notified of your awards in mid-May, if you have met the application deadlines.
Transfer Students: You will be notified of your awards as part of your acceptance packet.
School Choice (vouchers) and TCS (through SGOs) Applications
Applications for these begin in the summer of the school year aid is desired and are processed by the BCHS Business Office. View either link below for specific details.Tax Credit Scholarships (TCS) Application & Eligibility Indiana School Choice Scholarship & Eligibility
All students who receive financial aid can apply for a Citizenship Grant.
Money earned through these hours (formerly called work study) during the summer and school year is then applied to the student’s tuition bill.
Signup is due by May 18, 2022. Awards are announced in May.
Details and signup.
Important Dates for 2022/2023 School Year Financial Aid
- November 17, 2021: Attend the Financial Aid Information Night. This important meeting is highly recommended for all BCHS families seeking additional information about financial aid. Information about tuition assistance and the application process will be presented, along with an opportunity to ask questions. Time and location: TBD.
Families with an Incoming Freshman
- December 13, 2021: Financial Aid Application Deadline All families (new and current) with an incoming freshman must apply by Dec. 13, 2021, to be guaranteed that they are included in the pool considered for direct BCHS financial aid awards for the 2022-2023 school year.
- February 1, 2022: Families in the above group will be notified of their financial aid awards for the 2022/2023 year if they have met the application deadlines. Late or incomplete applications or materials may result in a reduced financial award, if an award is granted.
- February 25, 2022: Registration deposits are due on this date. For incoming freshmen, this deposit also confirms your acceptance of the financial aid packet at BCHS.
- Late Spring 2022: Applications for Citizenship Grants (for students who receive financial aid) will be available. Grants are announced in May.
- Summer 2022: Applications are taken for the Indiana Choice Scholarship Program (vouchers) and Tax Credit Scholarships (TCS through SGOs). These applications must be filed if you receive BCHS financial aid. The process begins with a mandatory Financial Aid Appointment with the Business Office for families new to BCHS.
Returning school families without an incoming freshman or transfer student families without an incoming freshman
- Early March 2022, exact date TBD: Financial Aid Application Deadline
To be guaranteed that you are included in the pool considered for BCHS financial aid awards for the 2022-2023 school year, your application must be submitted by this March date.
- February 25, 2022: Registration deposits are due on this date.
- Mid-May: Families in this group will be notified of their financial aid awards for the 2022/2023 year if they have met the application deadlines. Late or incomplete applications or materials may result in a reduced financial award, if an award is granted.
- Late Spring 2022: Applications for Citizenship Grants (for students who receive financial aid) will be available. Signup is due by May 18, 2022.
Details and signup.
- May through July 2022: Applications are taken for the Indiana Choice Scholarship Program (vouchers) and Tax Credit Scholarships (TCS). These applications are required if you receive direct BCHS financial aid. The process begins through the BCHS Business Office. If a family is new to BCHS, a ‘Financial Aid’ appointment is required to begin the process.