Breakfast is served weekdays in the cafeteria 45 minutes before the first bell. Short on time? Wake up late? Don’t skip the most important meal of the day! A wide selection of nutritious grab & go items available to start the day off right and get you to class on time. Bishop Chatard participates in the School Breakfast Program (SBP).
- A breakfast costs $2.00 and consists of a fruit, whole grain, & milk.
- Students receiving reduced lunch are also eligible for a reduced priced breakfast and pay $0.30 per meal.
- Students receiving free lunch also are eligible for a free breakfast daily.
- All students must key in their student ID at the register to receive the correct benefit.
Students can bring their own lunch or create a school lunch from cafeteria offerings in two serving lines every day.
- The cost for a Trojan Lunch is $3.25 and consists of 5 components: meat, bread, vegetable, fruit and milk.
- Students qualifying for the National School Lunch Program are eligible to receive a “Meal Deal” for their respective benefits (free or $.40). This deal includes entrée/sandwich, vegetable, fruit, whole grain, & milk (Extra ala carte items are not included).
- Students must choose 3 of the components (one must be a fruit or a vegetable) to have your meal considered a lunch. A student may choose up to 2 servings of fruit and vegetables. (Fruit juice is limited to 1 per meal).
- Ala Carte offerings include entrees, sandwiches, pizza, fresh vegetable trays, & yogurt parfaits. Snacks offered for purchase include baked chips, ice cream novelties, fruit snacks, bottled water, Gatorade & Snapple products.
Request for Special Dietary Needs
Read our handout about the process of requesting special diets and the form to submit the request.
Dietary Request Process and Form
Paying for Lunches
Pay online at MyMealtime
Mealtime is a point of sale system in which your account can be “loaded” with money and used as needed to purchase food in the cafeteria at meals. We encourage everyone to use their Mealtime account.
Pay by check or deposit
- Checks or cash for deposit into your Mealtime account may be dropped off outside the cafeteria at (bottom of the stairs- Door #10).
(Please be sure to include the student’s name or ID number on the check.)
Free/Reduced Price School Meals Program
Because we participate in the National School Lunch Program we are able to provide free and reduced price (.40) lunches to students who qualify. Financial guidelines and applications are available throughout the school year on the school’s website. Please know that that participation is confidential and students access this benefit by using their Meal Time account just like everyone else.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- USDA Child Nutrition Program Non-Discrimination Statement
- Civil Rights Complaint Procedure
- Civil Rights Complaint Form with Instructions
The Summer Food Program for Children (SFSP) serves meals to children when the National School Lunch/Breakfast Program is not available during the summer. Locations for the program are usually published in May/June.