Pay online via MyMealTime
MyMealTime is a point of sale system in which your account can be “loaded” with money and used as needed to purchase food in the cafeteria at lunch and before and after school. We encourage you to use this system.
Cash or Check
- Submit cash or check (payable to Bishop Chatard) in envelope with student’s name, grade and ATTN: Brenda Henry. Bring to the school receptionist or mail to: Bishop Chatard, Attn: Michael Dlugosz, 5885 Crittenden Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46220. Please do not mail cash.
- Pay at any cashier station in the cafeteria during lunch periods
How to create your online account
- Go to MyMealTime.com and click on “Register Now for a free account.”
- Create your own username and password, fill in the required fields, and follow steps to register your account.
- When adding your student, use your student’s ID number (the number part of their BCHS email address) as the Student ID/PassCode.
- Note: During this process, be sure to double click on “Bishop Chatard” when selecting the school.
What you can do with your online account
- Track student purchases and receive low balance warnings
- Apply for the free or reduced lunch price lunch (Details about the program)
- Set additional controls on an individual basis for things such as diet restrictions or use of funds per the parent’s request
- Deposit money into the account online (4.9% convenience fee). You are not required to deposit money to use the other features.
Step One: BCHS creates an account for each student
Each student automatically has a MyMealTime debit account, with their personal PIN (Their PIN is the same as their BCHS student ID number – the number part of their email address). This number is entered on a keypad at the cashier station.
Step Two: You deposit money into the account
This can be done in any of the following ways:
- Checks or cash for deposit into your Mealtime account may be dropped off in the main office. Please be sure to include the student’s name or ID number on the check.
- Deposits may also be made with the cashiers at lunchtime.
- Pay online via MyMealTime.com with a credit or debit card. See Manage Your Account above for directions. (Convenience fee of 4.9% is charged to use this method of payment).
Step Three: In the Lunch Line
The student will type in his/her PIN (PIN is the BCHS student ID number) at the lunch line checkout. The cashier sees the name and picture that corresponds to the PIN. Alternately, the student can give his/her name, and a picture and PIN will be shown. The account is charged for the meal.
Low Balance Notification:It is easy to set up a notification with Mealtime to receive an e-mail when the accounts are low. Negative lunch balance notifications by e-mail are sent out weekly.
Spending Limits: These can be set up by the cafeteria staff to limit how much and on what a student may spend. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel to call the cafeteria manager directly at 317-255-1451 ext. 2240 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to answer all inquiries.
Free/Reduced Meal Program
Important Notes for All
- Families are not required to use MyMealTime. This system has been created for the convenience of our school families. Besides streamlining the lunch process, the system protects the anonymity and confidentiality of students who qualify for free or reduced meals.
- Applications for free or reduced price lunch can easily be made through your MyMealTime account.
- Students may still pay with cash. However, making change is strongly discouraged and will only be done at the cafeteria managers discretion. Cafeteria staff follows this protocol to ensure “lunch money” sent with students makes it into their account.
- If a student forgets lunch money, he or she may charge for the day. However, payment is expected the next day to cover the charge. Mealtime preferences can be set so that a reminder email is sent when account balances are low.
- You are not required to deposit money online to receive the other services (tracking account balances, spending history, etc.) the site offers.
- When you deposit money online using a credit or debit card, there is a convenience fee of 4.9% assessed for the service of using your credit/debit card.
- If you deposit funds by check and the check is returned for insufficient funds, we will charge the student’s account a $25 fee for insufficient funds as this is the amount Bishop Chatard is assessed.
- If you have any questions, please contact Michael Dlugosz, cafeteria manager, at 317-251-1451, Ext. 2240 or email@example.com
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.