Indiana Voucher Program
- If you receive BCHS financial aid, you are required to apply to the Indiana Choice Scholarship Program.
- Applications are always made through the school.
- You must be an accepted student of BCHS to begin the application process.
To be eligible for the Choice Scholarship Program as a Bishop Chatard student, the student must:
- Be accepted into Bishop Chatard High School
- Be a legal resident of Indiana
- Meet the household income limits for the program
A student must also qualify for ONE of the following 7 pathways. The student:
- Continuing Choice Pathway: Student must have received a Choice Scholarship in the school year that immediately precedes the school year for which he/she is applying for a Choice Scholarship; AND have remained enrolled at a participating Choice Scholarship school for the entirety of the immediately preceding school year. –OR–
- Previous Choice Pathway: Student must have received a Choice Scholarship in a school year that does not immediately precede the school year for which the student is applying for Choice Scholarship; OR have received a Choice Scholarship in the immediately preceding school year but the student exited the Choice Scholarship school prior to the end of the school year. –OR–
- was enrolled in a public school for the previous 2 semesters –OR–
- received a Tax Credit Scholarship (SGO) from a participating SGO anytime in their academic life –OR–
- has a sibling who received a voucher or Tax Credit Scholarship (SGO) in a previous year –OR–
- has special needs (identified as an IEP/ISP) –OR–
- is assigned to a failing public school
- Applications for vouchers are made exclusively through the school.
- You do not have to apply with FACTS to apply for a voucher.
All applications begin through Bishop Chatard’s Business Office. You will need to schedule a Financial Aid Appointment with the Business/Tuition office to start the process. Look for online scheduling in early spring for these mid-May – August 1 appointments. The completed application will then be submitted by Bishop Chatard to the program.
If you have questions about eligibility or the application procedure, please contact any of the following: