Christian Awakening Retreat
The Senior Christian Awakening retreat is a three and one-half day retreat experience. This retreat allows seniors time to reflect on their relationship with themselves, others and God. It is a spiritual highlight of a student’s four years at BCHS and the culmination of the high school retreat experience. The details of the retreat are kept confidential so as to maximize the experience for each senior. It is a significant point in the lives of these young men and women.
The retreat is offered on several dates throughout the course of the senior year to accommodate busy schedules. The Senior Christian Awakening retreat is a worthwhile experience, and the faculty and staff of BCHS encourage all seniors to take advantage of the opportunity to attend.
- Senior Retreat #1: February 16-19, 2021
- Senior Retreat #2: February 23-26, 2021
- Senior Retreat #3: March 9-12, 2021
- Senior Retreat #4: April 6-9, 2021
Parent/Guardian Permission Forms are usually due one week before the retreat
Deadline for Feb. 16-19 retreat is January 29.Online Permission Form
— or — Paper Version
- All the students, alumni leaders, and faculty/staff will be required to do a daily self-screening before they are allowed to enter the retreat center; this includes a temperature check and a brief self-examination for COVID symptoms.
- Masks are mandatory for everyone. Social distancing will be observed whenever possible. Frequent hand-washing and -sanitizing will be encouraged.
- The retreats will not be overnight. Sessions will end around 9:00 p.m. each evening.
- Students should be dropped off (or drive themselves) to and from the Fatima Retreat Center each day. Students are expected to remain on the retreat center’s grounds for the duration of the retreat experience until they are dismissed each evening.
- The retreats will operate on a cohort model — students will be seated with their small group for the duration of the retreat for contact tracing purposes.
Where and When
Senior retreats begin on Tuesday at 5:15 p.m. and end on Friday around 5 p.m. Retreats are held at Our Lady of Fatima Retreat House, 5353 E 56th St, Indianapolis, IN 46226, 317- 545-7681.
The school subsidizes the overall cost of this retreat, but the retreat involves more extensive room and board costs because of the length of time spent at Our Lady of Fatima Retreat House. For the Class of 2021, the retreat fee is $250. The fee will automatically be included in your tuition payment account.
We do not want anyone to miss the opportunity to participate because of financial concerns. If a parent needs help with the cost, please contact Joel Kelley, Associate Director of Campus Ministry at email@example.com. Your request will be held in strict confidence.