FREE BREAKFAST & LUNCH For All Students - 2021-22The USDA has approved all schools to provide ALL STUDENTS, regardless of income, with a free breakfast and lunch 'meal deal' for the entire 2021-22 school year!
Should I still apply for the Free/Reduced Meal Program this year? YES!Families that normally qualify for the program should definitely apply this year to take advantage of other benefits the program offers. Benefits from completing applications stretch far beyond the cafeteria and impact students in the classroom and at home.
Bishop Chatard participates in the National School Lunch Program which provides free or reduced-priced breakfast and lunch to those students who qualify. Any parent who believes a student may qualify for this program and other benefits it offers, such as textbook assistance, may apply.
- All families must re-apply for free/reduced benefits each year, even if your student received them in the previous year. Families need not apply ONLY if they are directly certified-those who receive medicaid, TANF, SNAP, etc. Qualified families will be notified by mail.
- If your situation changes, applications can be made at any time throughout the school year.
- Applications and participation are confidential. Students access this benefit when using their Meal Time account just like all other students.
- Applications open on July 19, 2021, for the 2021-22 school year.
Textbook AssistanceIf a student qualifies for free/reduced lunches, he/she automatically qualifies for textbook assistance.
College Fee Waivers
Those who qualify for free/reduced school meals are encouraged to contact BCHS College Counselor Pam Nixon (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information about SAT/ACT test fee waivers and possible college application waivers.
To apply to the Free/Reduced School Meal ProgramApply online through MyMealTime.com
- Go to MyMealTime.com, Free Reduced Lunch Application
- If you already have a MyMealtime account, log-in and click on Free & Reduced Applications.
- If you do not have a MyMealtime account, you will need to create one by clicking on 'Create New Profile.'
- Complete the application as directed.
Alternate Paper Application
- Free/Reduced Price Meals - Paper Application
- Solicitud de comidas escolares gratuitas o a precio reducido (solicitud en papel)