Common BCHS Forms Throughout the year
- Retreat Permission Forms: Seniors; Juniors; Sophomores
- Community Service Day 2020 Permission Form (online)
- Accommodation for Special Dietary Needs Form (pdf)
- Permission for Prescription Medication (pdf)
- Permission for Over-The-Counter Medication (pdf)
- Pre-Arranged Absence Request Form (pdf)
- School Parking Registration Form
- Technology Responsible Use Consent (pdf)
- Transcript/Record Release to Colleges (pdf)
Back to School Registration 2019
- July 31 (Wed): PowerSchool Registration and Documents must be complete
- August 2 (Fri.): School offices closed, Staff Day of Reflection
- August 3 (Sat.): Voucher Applications must be complete, see below
- August 6* (Tues.): Mandatory Freshman Orientation – 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (snack provided)
- August 6 (Tues.): Freshman Parent Coffee – 7:30-8:30 a.m., football stadium
- August 6* (Tues.): Mandatory Upperclassman Orientation – 1 – 3:10 p.m.
- August 7** (Wed.): Full Day of School for all students – 7:50 a.m. arrival
- August. 9*** (Fri.): Dismissal at 2:10 p.m.
- August. 12 (Mon.): Freshman, Sophomore, Junior Parent Meeting – 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the cafeteria
- August 14 (Wed.): Back-to-School Night – 6:00 p.m.
- August 15 (Thurs.): First all-school Mass
- August 19 (Mon.): Senior Parent Meeting – 6:30-7:30 p.m.
* Dress code for Orientation Day is regular school uniforms.
**Students can wear orientation t-shirts and regular uniform pants on August 7.
***Fridays are designated as spirit days on which students may wear any Bishop Chatard shirt and uniform pants or shorts.
Registration through PowerSchool provides an opportunity for each family to update important personal contact information and to complete critical back-to-school documents.
To access PowerSchool Registration, refer to an email parents received from PowerSchool Registration Support on July 24, retrieve your Snapcode from that email, and you are ready to begin the process. If you did not receive the PowerSchool email, first please check your Spam folder. Email Ame Alerding at email@example.com if you are still unable to access the PowerSchool email.
In the PowerSchool email, click the link under “How to Get Started” and insert your SnapCode. This will take you to your registration page. Below are a few additional instructions that will help you complete the process:
- After completing the student section, you will proceed to the registration’s family section. Once there, complete the information for Parent/Guardian 1.
- For some families, Parent/Guardian 2 may be a repeat of #1. If that is the case for your family, please click the “Remove Contact” button immediately under the Parent/Guardian heading and proceed to the next Parent/Guardian field and complete the information. If additional duplicate Parent/Guardian fields are listed, please click the “Remove Contact” button for those as well.
- After completing the signature section, proceed to the next page and, after reviewing your registration, please be sure to SUBMIT the registration
- The registration process will take you from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on your family details.
- The form will walk you through the fields that need to be completed and prompt you when more data is required.
- Student School Picture Order Form (pdf)
Print this and bring with you at Orientation
- Community Service Day Parental Permission Form (online form)
All students who want to participate in Community Service Day need this permission form on file
- Parent Volunteer Form (online)
- State of Indiana Free/Reduced Price School Meals Program
If you have any questions, need help, or do not have access to the internet, please email Allison Mayer, Assistant to the Principal and Vice Principals, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 251-1451 ext. 2248.
Parking registration for the Class of 2020 seniors began on July 22. SENIORS ONLY receive assigned parking spots, assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Seniors will receive their assigned parking spots on orientation day, Aug. 6.
Important: In order to be considered for a parking spot, your senior must have a license and actively driving a car to school by the first day of school, Tuesday, August 6, 2019. Otherwise please DO NOT register him/her for a parking spot.
Underclass Car Registration
All underclass students who currently have a valid driver’s license and plan to drive to school need to register their car for the 2019-20 school year! All underclassmen who complete this registration will be able to park in open spots or in the gravel lots. Parking tags will be distributed on Orientation Day.
Note: Each registered student must show proof of a valid driver’s license before a parking tag will be issued. As a student becomes eligible, the registration form can be filled out at anytime during the school year.
Questions? Contact Ben Reilly, VP of Student Services, at breilly
Indiana Choice Scholarship Program “State Voucher” applications must be completed by Aug. 3, 2019, in order to receive the state voucher for the 2019-2020 school year. All voucher appointments must be completed and all payment arrangements must be set up before a student may start classes or receive their iPad.
The Business Office requires anyone who is eligible for a voucher to schedule an appointment to review and apply for your state voucher for your child.
Schedule Financial Aid Appointment here
At this appointment, you’ll need to bring your signed 2018 1040 federal tax return plus any other supporting documentation for any non-taxable income that you may receive.
Visit our Vouchers page for additional information and eligibility guidelines.
BCHS Financial Aid: In order to receive financial aid from Bishop Chatard, you must apply for financial aid through the BCHS FACTS online software. No financial aid will be awarded unless a FACTS application is complete.
Visit our FACTS FAQS PAGE for FACTS application and information.
Questions? Contact Karen Feeney, Tuition Manager at kfeeney
All students automatically have Mealtime accounts. Parents may set up the payment side of their student’s account to purchase meals through Mealtime. This is optional. There is no cost to set up the account and from there parents can monitor their student’s purchases. Deposits can be made online or by bringing in a check or cash. Students need to have money in their account in order to purchase meals through Mealtime. Breakfast and lunch menus are on the website. Mealtime charges a 4.9% convenience fee for online deposits.
View daily breakfast and lunch menus
Bishop Chatard participates in the National School Lunch Program which provides free or reduced-priced breakfast and lunch to those students who qualify. To complete an application for this benefit:
- Go to MyMealTime.com, Free/Reduced Meal page
- If you already have a mealtime account, log in and click on “Free and Reduced Application”
- If you do not have a mealtime account, you will need to create one by clicking on “Create New Profile”
Read the Lunch Program page for more information.
If you would like to fill out a paper application for free/reduced meals, please email Michael Dlugosz, Cafeteria Manager, email@example.com to arrange a time to pick one up. View the Indiana Dept. of Education’s Non-Discrimination Statement